La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

The Special Day that I tried to forget  

Thursday, February 25, 2010

I just thought I should jot this down before I forget...

I had a wonderful 21st!!!! I can't say thank you enough to express how grateful I feel to have these people around me :)

As I mentioned, I purposely removed the date from FB profiles. I haven't decided when to put it back. Tmr perhaps? Or end of the month maybe?

It's interesting to see who remembers... Eventhough it is not 100% representative of who cares, since my family themselves only messaged me in the late afternoon/night and yet I am very sure that they care larrrr, but yea it gives me a notion of... well.. who bothers...

I'm especially touched at the amount of effort my friends put into organizing wonderful celebrations for me! I never had such elaborate celebrations before that I can't help smiling so much today. I just feel so happy!!! I feel like I do not deserve such a wonderful treatment from them!

Harizah & Mahmudah spent weeks cracking over how to surprise me, finding the perfect presents, preparing the presents, preparing the surprise and such. They gave me a present on Monday and another on Tuesday and yet another one, along with a pizza & a cookie cake on my birthday! Really, I can really see how much effort they put into the presents and into the surprise (no matter how much Harizah kept slipping and releasing random info accidentally, she's so cute haha)... Really, I guess only the pics would show the effort... And I really love their presents for me! There's a grey cool shawl which can act like a cardigan & vest and I dunno what else - there's 8 ways to fashion it! They got it for me because they know how cold I can get in lectures, brrr.... My fats don't seem to be insulating me well, though yeah maybe the fats are going down a bit considering at how much lesser am I eating these days. I haven't even finished my dinner cum supper! They also made a photo collage in a shape of a butterfly of the pics we had taken together over the past few months we'd known each other. Pretty! And really, they're not easy to make seh! They also got me this zip-zip small bag to put my what-nots that I seem to dump into my bag hehe. And it even has my name on it! Cool! Inside the bag there's some foodstuff, as they know how little food I have in my hall (though not so little anymore after my shopping spree at NTUC last week! Heh) They really tried their best in finding what I need and what I'd like. They got it spot on, I love butterflies! And I really appreciate beautiful stuffs with "effort" literally drawn all over it! And the shawl is soooooooo nice, I really really can't imagine not loving it. Liyana Sukri saw it and instantly fell in love with it larh hehe...

The Bio peeps, eventhough they just found out about my birthday one day earlier, they took the effort to still surprise me. And I'm pretty sure they have another surprise up their sleeves hehe.

The FOC peeps were... HAHA! I love them larh... Poor Faizah aka Maria having to hunt the perfect present for me, and poor Mir too, for having to withstand "You're her roommates, how can you not know??!!" from Faizah haha! They had a cake, a card and even a present for me. Aww... These people are already like a family to me. Time flies, it's almost two months that we have been meeting up!

Amirah... she's so sweet larh! I didn't expect her to decorate our room in that short two hours she had before meeting just now so as to surprise me when we get back from meeting! And eventhough she have to be in Ang Mo Kio early early tmr morning, she accompanied me in opening my presents and listening to my stories. Awww, thank you Mir! And her attempt to find me something that I'd like bore it's fruits. I really like the book she got me ;)

Not to forget Khairiyah (lower sec closest friend), Siti (upper sec closest friend), Cindy (sec sch - the first to remember seh), Kenneth (sec sch), Ad (poly closest friend), Kak Raihanah (poly close friend), Fathi (Fityan closest friend), Jun (Fityan closest friend), Wawan (NI - I treat him like my lil bro), Fatimah (NI closest friend), Kak Fiza (NI), Auntie, Kak Ju who remembered! I am so touched. Especially those people like Cindy, Kenneth, Kak Fiza and Kak Ju whom I really didn't expect would remember :))))

In summary:

I'm so happy!!! :: unfinished tutorials :: Harizah's msg & call :: flower delivery :: 3rd/4th floor :: pizza & cookie cake for brunch :: freedom to suspense :: presents :: Mahmudah's demo :: flower pens :: Izzati & Shikin's wish :: song outside LT :: pronto speech :: paiseh :: Atiqah just finding out :: saw Arep writing card :: paiseh :: cake after Maghrib jemaah :: song & candles :: card-giving :: present :: first impressions :: perangai mafia :: dinner/supper :: perangai Marliyana: makan halfway halfway :: ayam goreng! :: balloons :: surprise in room :: present opening!!!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster