La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Facilitating  

Monday, February 15, 2010

:) I had fun during my weekend. Well, of course uh, it's with the fityan peeps!

And I did something new... I became a faci! These days I just enjoy doing new stuff, perhaps cos I feel I'm tired with the routines. My schedule is so packed with the same thing over and over again...

I would never have been open to the idea of being a faci before this. But come to think of it, I was never really open to the idea of being a teacher either.

It may be because I feel that now is the perfect age to start being a faci that people can trust. I'm not saying that you should be above 20 to be a faci (though that is normally the case in many places), but more of: At this age, I have accumulated enough experience and confidence to carry out the roles of a faci well.

Being a faci means to be up front. To be representing an organisation. To be delivering the objectives of the event and the learning activities of the games well. To be a good role model. To be instilling good values.

That isn't something that anyone can do. It takes skill. And since I have sat in so many faci trainings over the past 2-3 years, I've absorbed some of the skills a faci require theoretically. Yea, eventhough I attended those trainings not as a faci...

Of course I still made mistakes. I have a lot more to learn. But that's all part of the journey right?

Yeah I wasn't the best faci during Fityan Orientation, probably the worst haha, but I gave my best. I am just glad I had a fun and enthusiastic group :) Alhamdulillah.

I hope I get more opportunities to develop my skills as a faci, because I feel that it would help me in being a better teacher later on. Yea, and so I would like to focus on those programmes with pax who're in sec school, to make it more specific and relevant. Depends uh... My other objective of being a faci is afterall to spread the word of da'awah and we shouldn't be choosy on who should or should not receive it. ALL deserve it...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster