La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Sleepy Sunday  

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Musthalah Hadith Paper 1 was ridiculous! Paper 1 is open book and the questions are just... nonsensical! InsyaAllah boleh pass, tapi nak score tu tak yakin uh.

Haflah in the morning was pretty ok. We received 3 gifts! 1. Kiblat Compass to symbolise a sense of direction, 2. A Journal to pen down our reflections in and 3. The gift of KNOWLEDGE. Hehe. Initially when the mudirah asked, "Sape nak hadiah?" Shaza and I was like automatically "NAK!" haha. My speech bored people to death. I dunno ar maybe I was looking at the wrong people. My gaze kept catching this sweet-looking girl from another class and sweet-looking as she was, she was frowing and she had her arms folded across her chest. Okayyy nvm, it's over and done with. Oh, the valedoctorian from Hong Kah gave a short speech and something made her cry towards the end. I didn't catch what she was talking, cos like me, she was quite short and her voice wasn't properly projected through the mike. Oh, as for me, I stood on tip-toe the whole time when I stood at the podium. Haha, PENDEK!

I've got quite a lot of pics updating to do, 2nd birthday surprise, 2nd cousin's engagement, haflah and a few scenery pics, but later arh. The exam left me feeling tired, sleepy and hungry and I wanna treat myself to a book!! My mum gave me $15 to buy a book of my choice as a present for getting top student, yay! But I used up the $15 to pay for my madrasah fees. I thought $420 per sem, sekali $450, terkorek2 lah beg tu for another $30. And, my parents haven't paid me back. ater they put in my bank, so now I can't go find my book...

Nvm, I buy also I can't read yet, cos I've still got my Sejarah& Tamadun Islam II exam and my 2 5-page long (each) assignment due on next Sunday. Gosh, I feel like eating Nasi Ambeng behind Joo Chiat haha. The kuah lemak ayam cili padi extremely power!!

Oh btw, my dad attended my haflah afterall. Though on the way to Assyakirin, he was like complaining about everything under the sun, including the fact that I'm gonna give my speech in English and not in Malay, even after I exlained why I chose to do it in English. At one part, he said, "Tengoklah nanti lepas your speech orang mengata pasal kau, mentang2 top student nak buat in English taknak in Malay (eksyen gitu ar makna dia). Ni lagi buat baba taknak masuk." And I gave a very sharp reply that probably stung his ego, "Kenapa, malu??" Mwahaha I know I'm evil. Can't help it you see. Sakit hati lah seh. Fact kan, nak malu buat ape?? YOu should be proud of me! Pandang yang buruk je (not that giving a speech in English is buruk), yang baik taknak pandang. Ni lah manusia... But you my readers would understand, I'm so comfortable conversing in English. Al-maklum, kay poly mana ade Melayu lagi?? Of course, I can give a speech in fully perfect bahasa baku Higher Malay Standard if I need to (and yes my initial speech was in proper Malay, but my concept was wrong and I had to redo and somehow I found it hard to translate.) but it's so formal it'd sound like I'm reading from a script or book not written by me! And yes, there is a tip to writing a valedictory speech, it shouldn't sound like it was directly lifted from a book. It should sound personal. Dush...

Wah, lately banyak eh aku complain pasal my parents here. Dulu tak pernah, cos I remember my mum's words, "Aib keluarga jangan dibilang-bilang" such that even my best friends dunno how my family is like. But lately... Stress sangat kott. Alar it's the growing phase lah ni, mesti ada "Why can't you understand me??" phase lol. Not really buka aib keluarga, but just conflicts between a teenage daughter and her parents je. Ini merupakan satu pengajaran bagi ibu-ibu, bapa-bapa, bakal ibu-ibu, bakal bapa-bapa, remaja-remaja dan bakal remaja-remaja. Mudah-mudahan dapat avoid the mistakes my family probaly had done lar ye.

Oh, and I have this macam angan-angan ah.. You know when you post something on the net, it'd like be there forever and ever and who knows nanti bila aku pulak jadi mak orang, I can read my blog back about time-time remaja ni supaya aku tak akan buat kesilapan yang sama. And maybe kalau dorang berani, my children pon boleh read my blog jugak. Well, unless blogger decides to delete the blogs uh, or make us pay for the server (NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!). Drama mama seh entry aku.

Eh kebiasaan eh tulis panjang-panjang. Dah, aku nak pi makan pisang goreng that I'd been eyeing since just now, and then I'm off to sleep.

Oh, I think budak-budak Madrasah Perdaus bedok memang prefer to converse in English. Arif and Audi also presented the Bunayya ppt in English, and Shara and Shaza would have presented the Tafsir proj in English if they could, but the mudirah was like, "Try in Malay boleh? All of you cakap Inggeris nanti banyak parents complain pasal tak galakkan cakap Melayu. But I won't force you". I think if she could, she'd get me to give my speech in Malay as well, but I was listing all the reasons why I did in English, such that she probably thought, "Okkkkkkk, eh stop ar, KK fine you can talk in English" LOL.

Anyway, Happy 19th birthday Khairiyah!!! May Allah bless you!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster