La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Thinking of Dakwah?  

Monday, February 11, 2008

I had a good read at Bro Siswand's blog on one of his post titled: one of more meaningful conversations with my bunk mate When I read the post, I immediately thought of Faizal. Firstly, because he is currently serving the nation. Secondly, he once told us he'd like to have an inter-religious chat with a pastor of a church. Thirdly, because he showed me a small book written in Malay about Christianity using Qur'an verses, which could mislead some Muslims especially the erm... non-practising Muslims...

I also thought of Jamie who converted to Christianity a few years back.

And I also thought of Sheena who is a very religious devoted Christian.

And I remembered once again Ust Ahmad's question to us during our first KPR session this year- "What would you tell someone who approached you at a bus stop and asked you to tell him/her about Islam. He has heard about some of the good things about Islam. Do you have something that could deter him from heading towards a church and instead make his/her way to a mosque?"

And also I'm reminded of questions I myself receive such as, "Why do you wear the tudung? Why are there Maly girls who don't wear them?" or "Why can't you eat pork? Why must have halal sign then you'd eat?". I receive a lot of this in poly. Haha, especially from my classmates last year and from my psycho group this year. I need D'Talk for myself haha. How to answer?? Answer in a way that not make them think Islam is very strict or Islam is restricting?

What would you answer my friend?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster