La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

SS (School Submissions)  

Thursday, February 07, 2008

After Saturday, basically I slacked all the way till Monday. Was just too tired and besides it was so hard to get a connection, boo hoo... The result: I crammed everything on Monday haha.

Let's see, what did I do on Sunday? Oh ya, slept through the morning, then attended the last session for my first DPIA module afterwhich I went out to eat at Simpang Bedok with Fityan comm partly to celeb rate Zik's birthday. Happy birthday Zikry!

Monday was quite tiring cos I had to cram everything then. MCT tutorial assignment was due on Monday and I only started doing it on Monday morning itself. I went home at nearly 7pm finishing it up lar. The 1st point was well elaborated with examples and all whereas the second one was just one small paragraph summarised up.

MCT lab practical test was also on Monday. We had to do cell counting using the glass hemocytometer and medium changing in the laminar flow hood. Guess what? We were given only 5 mins for each! My cell counting part was horrrrrrrible. I dunno why but the stained solution kept seeping over to the other chamber without filling up the chamber that I wanna fill!!!!! And when I turned the hemocytometer to the other side, the same thing happened also! And after I clean up the mess and BEFORE I can try to fill up another chamber, my 5 mins is up, DANG! So, Mr KOk can't even grade my microscopy skill, sure fail this part lar.... I like the second part though. Know why? Hehe, cause after the whole procedure Mr Zhang told me I did very well for it! VERY WELL ok... Waah, it soooo made my day...

The day didn't end just at 7.. I still had to study for Abchm interview and also compile my Abchm group's summary because everyone just didn't wanna take the responsibility. They didn't even reply my message asking for their help to compile! grr... Only Thilini had the decency to reply, but she can't compile cos she has to work and all, I understand lar... And the frustrating thing is that after I compiled it, I saved it in my thumbdrive and somehow I fell asleep beside my lappie before I can transfer my files from my thumbdrive into my lappie folder. And somehowww, my lappie shut down on its own at 3am in the morning and in my rush to hear the Subuh azan on my MP3/thumbdrive, I didn't log into my account to safely remove my hardware and just pulled it out thus damaging my MP3. Luckily it still can work as a thumdrive AS LONG AS I don't switch on my MP3, and if I do, I'll have to wait till it's battery is empty. So back to the story, the conclusion is that I had to recompile the summary at 6am in the morning and took nearly another hour switching on my main comp to print out the whole 50 pages. Keep in mind I still have to study for my interview, which I did in between all those waiting and what not.

The interview? It was "not bad" as quoted by Mdm Huang Yan. Waah, not bad only... Not bad is worst than good ok.. I answered around 4 out of 7 questions. UV/Vis: State the Beer Lambert's law and its limitations. I manage to give the equation and ONLY ONE limitation, which I couldn't even explain :( Sample Pretreatment: Almosttt perfect, I gave a very smooth explanation on how the Soxhlet apparatus works except I made a small mistake about the thimble and the overflowing part. AAS: Perfect answer for Hollow Cathode Lamp, I won't accept anything less than perfect anyway cos I read quite a number of books AND websites about how it works. Gas Chromatography: She gave me the easiest question imaginable, which is to name the components of the GC system BUT I SIMPLY BLANKED OUT, oh my, oh my, luckily it came to me, veeery slowwly though it was, so paiseh! HPLC: Didn't understand her question so I couldn't answer but after she told us the answer, I was like, "Waaaaaah! That was what she was asking for?? I KNOW the answer!" FISH: I got the easiest question again, which was to name 2fluorochromes but I didn't study so I dunno the answer! I could only give FITC. Radioisotopes: I can't even remember if she asked me a question! I kept thinking and thinking yet I still can't remember. After school, while waiting for 15, Mdm huang Yan sat down beside me and we chatted for nearly 20 mins. She said that my interview was ok, but my term test and all my lab weren't good. Yeah, I know that. Whatever lar, NO MORE ABCHM FOR ME WOOHOO!!!

After the interview, I straightaway met Ad and Pooja and joined Jamie at the bookshop to buy a few more things for Chloe. The things from the bookshop were small but they're quite meaningful. The keychain and the fridge magnet contained words about friendship and it was so sweeet! Just like Chloe hehe. I sooooo love what we'd gotten her. Personalized and so her haha.

Lemme tell you how we surprised her... Initially we (Ad, Pooja, Tun, Jamie and I) wanted to surprise her straight after our psycho presentation in front of the whole class, but our tutor seemed to be in a hurry so we decided to do it outside. Tun didn't know the updated plan then he just left the lt so Pooja had to run out of the lt like mad to stop him and it must have looked so rude of us to run out of the lt like that lol. The tutor must be thinking, "My God, they must be too happy to end Psycho" haha. Anyway, how I asked Pooja to run after Tun was by telling her and Chloe, "Eh pooja, can you stop Tun? I wanna say something. We talk outside." It's a white lie, duhh! When Chloe and I walked out, Pooja and Tun were waiting for us and suddenly Ad jumped out from behind a pillar with the present and we sang for her. There were people there and they clapped along haha. Chloe's expression is priceless I tell you. It was paiseh + surprised + touched all at the same time! Too bad we didn't catch that on camera :( Chloe's expression made my day... After all the hectic of runnig from interview to bookshop to comp lab for psycho rehearsal to staff room for amic meet to engine school for psycho to Blk 21 to solat zohor and back to lt27. Rush rush, a lot of adrenaline I tell you. I was having almost a migraine by night time lah. Pounding very badly... Could be from the Myojo mee I had for lunch also haha. Miss my instant noodles k!

There's actually a lot more to write but I'd written for like 2hrs and it's 2plus am and I wanna sleep.. Happy Belated Birthday Chloe! And Happy lunar New Year to those celebrate otherwise Happy Holidays to those who're not!

Some pics taken during Fityan Comm outing to Simpang Bedok hehe

The group initially before Hamzah, Ustaz & Kak nor arrived. Asrul not in pic.

The group at the end of the day after I've left. Irsyad not in pics. Birthday Boy Zik on the furthest right.

Our chairman Mohksin! He's not posing btw... He was talking to someone behind our camerawoman haha. Gini eh pegang fork and knife? Oooh, baru saya tauu!

The only three roses among so many sharp sharp thorns, that is before Kak Nor arrived.

Yum Hilmi's something Claypot lol.

Yum Yum Cheese Fries!

Yum Yum Yum Mohksin's fish n chips!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster