La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Blood Donation  

Sunday, May 04, 2008

I can't believe it...

Finally I got the experience of donating blood. And, lol dalam saat genting camtu pon I didn't faint. I was fully aware of my surroundings, and I was moving my toes and fingers to prevent from getting cramps. I just closed my eyes 'cause that's what I was asked to do. And my head was facing the side 'cause someone pushed it that way and since I dunno what to do, I just followed instructions la kan.

Oh, don't understand pe aku bebual? Erm... I got a bit dizzy during the blood donation. Initially I thought it's normal so I kept quiet. The nurse was very far anyway, so I just rested my head and closed my eyes. Skali bila bukak mata, woah~ Bright lights and pangs in my head. But was still persevering lol, stupid thing to do I tell you... When the nurse was attending the person on my left, I called quietly and said slowly, "Excuse me, I'm feeling a little dizzy..."

And zap zap, everything happened so quickly, the line to the tube was cut or something, someone pushed down the back of my seat so the 'chair' becomes a bed and someone wrapped my arm with bandage (I didn't even get to choose the colour :() and pushed my arm in a position that it secures the bandage and closes the wound/hole whatever tightly. I don't even know when the needle was pulled out. Someone then pushed my head to the side and asked me to close my eyes. And I was so lazy to move. Terperanjat jugak at the speed they did things. I was expecting the nurse to say, "Oh it's normal, just lie down in your chair" or something of that sort instead of a flurry of events happening. Was kinda disappointed I couldn't finish donating, huhu~ Nak jugak tanya, "Erm, when I feel better, may I continue donating?" Lol, fat chance larh.

Time lie down with my eyes closed, ada ke patut aku sakit perut. Aiseh apa dah, of all times.. But takde pape arh, tahan je. Felt my whole body went cold, sejuk semacam seh as if there's no blood gitu but my heart was thumping really quickly. I didn't get to see myself, like duhh, but I think I probably went really pale since betol macam no blood is reaching my body parts seh, brr... Even my back felt cold. But I kept quiet and rested pasal really pening. I felt so hungry as if I'd fasted the whole day padahal before going I had a heavy heavy breakfast.

Hmm, two possible reasons... One is maybe cos I really didn't drink enough water. Two is probably because I didn't have enough sleep..

Oh, the needle tak sakit pon cos the area has been anaesthesized already (I imagine Ad asking lotsa questions about everything if she were in my place, but I keep quiet je). Nampak needle memang seram jugak, macam small sharp-tipped senduk gitu, definitely larger than the normal needle though, but tak rasa. Firstly the small bag of blood was emptied into three smaller tubes. I assume it's those that will be tested. Hehe, eh, I sort of enjoyed the experience. Nak donate lagik! Haha, pening lagi nak??

Macam malu jugak ah.. I was like the first person there to feel dizzy (err, I was probably one of the first few youths larh) and time nak kena anaesthesize tu Cik Nordin kacau-kacau. Abe dah lepas the dizzy moment, Sham came over followed by others who kept asking, "Ok tak?" Thx for the concern korang. But paiseh seh, imagine: "Ni yang pengsan tu eh?" Ermmmmzzzz. YES thank you, how may I help you??? No larh, that didn't happen... Haha Cik Nordin kena 'marah', he was like asking, "Ni dah kenapa pulak ni ngan dia?" The nurse replied, "Awak lah ni asyik kacau-kacau dia!" Kwangz.

Haha, all in all ok ar. Great experience. Now I truly believe, donating blood is not at all painful! I really wonder how much they managed to take before the tube kena cut off. And please dn't throw away the blood yer, use it tau.

Next things to do on my list, makan, nak tido hehehehe

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster