La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Interculture & Ubin Supergirl! :D  

Saturday, March 20, 2010

I have alot alot to blog about! Had so many happenings ever since my last proper lengthy update. Prove is: my FB status updates, haha.

Ok, let's start with the latest....

I just attended an intercultural event by NTUMS in school just now. Well, it was interesting. The sisters only had the chance to hear from a Bangledishi sister who's currently doing her PhD at NTU, whereas the brothers were very fortunate to hear sharings from Indonesian, Pakistani, Kazakhstan brothers and I don't remember where else. There were so many brothers, where are all the sisters?? Nevertheless, we got the opportunity to hear a brother from Kazakhstan play one of their musical instruments. And he was dorning a Kazakh traditional costume and in the background, they showed pictures of Kazakhstan... As for the food, we had briyani (sedappp youuuu!) ough we sisters had to share one packet only... which was surprisingly enough! I was full after dinner, after trying the kebab from amirah's grill (still crispy! i like the pita bread!) and the ikan pais/pepes and the Indonesian beefballs. Yummeh! The event also emphasizes on brotherhood in Islam and unity in diversity, and we had a short sharing session about the hadith about how brothers should strengthen one another like a building, I loike! I miss sharing sessions like that. I can't remember when was the last time I attended an usrah session... So all in all, I rather enjoyed myself at the event. Really wished there were more sisters... I brought back 3 postcards from Saudi (one of which is a pic of the Masjid nabawi, I dunno why, I felt so super extra elated and excited upon seeing it! Padahal I'm sure I'd seen the pic alot of times before!) Oh oh, and as usual, I added new games to my catalogue ;) Hehe. We had somekind of an auction game, cool or what! Oh oh, and I wore baju kurung, the second time ever, to school, and I had Chem lab today ehkkk haha.

Yesterday, I actually managed to join Fityan at Ubin! I, didn't get to help paint Cik Kamariah's kampong as I had class in the morning, nevertheless terubat rindu dapat jumpa these brothers and sisters whom I feel like I hadn't met since ages ago! I was really missing them!! I think the last time I met them was during radiate post mortem, which I came very late too, and didn't get to hang out with them. I wasn't satisfied with yesterday either, didn't get to sit down and chat and share stories with them... Awww, I feel so far away in Boon Lay, imagine if I had actually gone overseas to study!

So anyway, it was a challenge to get to Ubin. I ended Bio practical quite late, and as I made my way to Tampines, I was so tired actually... And as I had expected the night before, I wouldn't get a proper breakfast, lunch or brunch... My mum hadn't cooked and Ghufran's stalls were all closed! So with a hungry stomach, I made my way to Changi alone... When I reached Changi, what else?! LUNCH! Bought takeaway nasi lemak, then set at the jetty gobbling down my late lunch... When I went down to the waiting area, I missed a boat and so I had to wait. This tested my patience the most that I was on the verge of crying! I so can't wait to meet my Fityan brothers and sisters and here the apek blatantly refuses to bring out any boat until there is no more and no less than 12 people. The Chinese family of 6 left, and then the Indian family of 4 left, and I actually waited for about 1hr 15mins just to get a boat. I finished 1 whole topic of Main Group Chem notes!! And alot of self-reflection time in the meantime... I have to say... I feel bad for buruk sangka-ing my Fityan brothers and sisters... I dunno, I was just so pissed off at the apek actually. Nothing to do with Fityan haha! Only two out of the whole gang knew that I would be coming and was trying to get a boat to join them. I was really considering of leaving by 4.15pm if the apek still refuses to get the boat out. With such a heavy and deeply disappointed heart, that is. It was about 4.40pm already when I finally set foot on Ubin jetty. Oh my, the flood of memories! All 3 times that I had been to Ubin before was with Fityan. Bittersweet memories :)))

I rented a bike from the normal shop we rent from, assuring the uncle I would return the bike by 6pm before the shop closes (the uncle seems to think I'm gonna overnight at Ubin or something, I think I look like I am really ready to overnight lah with my school backpack plus shoebag, oddly with two flowers in it haha). I was like saying, "Don't worry uncle, I'm just here to meet my friends for awhile, I will surely return the bike by 6pm!" Thinking back about it, I must have sounded like I actually have FRIENDS LIVING in Ubin! Hahahaha.

The feeling of riding alone through the tracks in the drizzle was AWESOME!!!! I feel so belonged! I know the way as if I'd been living on Ubin my whole life! I was so happy upon seeing the first dog on the trail, thinking to myself, "Eh I have a friend!" But then, I did get pretty terrified when this dog decided to follow my trail (yikes! did it just hear my thoughts??! summum bukmum! haha Ati!!!!) and when there's this like 3-4 dogs in a pack in the middle of the road, fuyohh... But I was confident that these dogs are used to people and won't cause harm. Rather I was afraid of getting licked haha.... Oh, I passed a few people along the way, and they really had this curious look on their face that says, "Woah, where is this girl going??" Oh, and really, riding under the trees was like, back to nature, back to nature! I feel so carefree! Eventhough it was really tiring to ride alone up some of the mini hills. Self-motivation... Keep going, keep going! In my mind, I was thinking that the Fityan peeps had already left Cik Kamariah's house and went cycling. I was really considering of dropping by Cik Kamariah's house for awhile for asar prayers and continuing the lone adventure through Ubin finding them haha. And when I turned at the junction of Murai Hut (oh the relieve of seeing that hut!) and saw only 2-3 bicycles outside Cik Kamariah's house, I was already formulating a plan, "Ok, I shall ask Cik Kamariah if she knows where they were heading to. If not, I'd just try my luck at Chek Jawa and if they're not there, I shall turn back and hopefully I don't have to wait till Maghrib for 12 passengers!! ORRR... since there're a few bikes here, perhaps they left some of their belongings at Cik Kamariah's house and I should just wait and chit chat with Cik Kamariah...

It happened that they parked their bicycles behind the house, and everyone had just finished Asar prayers!!! Haha, almost everyone was surprised to see me, "EH MARLIYANA!!" Hahahaha, the expressions!! Even Cik Kamariah was like, "Huh? Awak baru sampai?!" and I can't remember who asked, "How did you get here?? How do you know the way??" Haha, fortunately, alhamdulillah, I am quite quick with learning my directions around. Just after once going to Cik Kamariah's house during Fityan retreat, I already know the way... What more after 3 times right haha.

Oh, and another common question, "Eh! Marliyana, dari mana dapat bunga???" Aku petik along the way -___- haha. Actually I didn't know how to explain. The fact that I took the flower home from Bio lab to study the flower parts is just not self-explanatory. It was a weird and rather unbelievable reason seh haha. So I didn't know how to answer initially. Finally, even when I had the chance to explain to Hanis and Fahmi, they were like eh?? For someone to give me flowers? What a weird combination: one big white lily and one red rose??? Who would give me flowers seh?? As malays would say, "Takde ribut takde taufan..." haha. My birthday was LAST month...

After I did my asar (I missed the ABC: air batu campur!!!!!!!! Wasted...), we took group pic and then cycled away... Woah, it felt extra tiring for some reasons. Previously when I cycled around Ubin during BILL, it wasn't THAT tiring... Oh and I fell as I went too fast downhill at a point. It was so slippery and I was avoiding collision, so I swerved and well, skidded off the track and fell. I didn't realise until much later that I scraped my right ankle, bruished my elbow and have two long gashes on my thigh (now abit swelling and bruised, ow ow). I was really surprised to find two long gashes on my pants. My SILAT pants!!! Aik, I skipped silat, and I got hurt at Ubin wearing the silat pants haha... Oh, and I realised this auto-recovery mechanism that I have been blessed with haha. Similar to the car accident in 2008 (relax je time tu, macam superwoman!! I was so keen on getting back to my lab to finish my experiment that I was refusing to be sent to the hospital?! The driver really must think that I have had a concussion. No one in the right mind would say that, especially when I fell upon being hit by the car, with my books and shoes thrown quite a distance away, with a badly scraped elbow, which stings super badly by the way....), as soon as I fell, I would automatically stand up back as if nothing happened at all! But well, yeah eventhough I can feel the heat on my ankle and elbow (totally didn't realise the gashes though!!), no broken bones. Means I'm perfectly alright RIGHT?? Haha.

Despite all that happened, I really really enjoyed and didn't regret that 1hr plus getaway at Ubin. Jadilah... Off mainland jugak per... :D

Hmm, many more stories to add! FOC stories, school stories, home stories, and many many more! But I'd spent too much time already... I have to pass a group assignment to my friend by tomorrow morning, and I have madrasah exam this Sunday!

Oh oh! My mum was also very curious where I got the rose from HAHAHA! What are you thinking mother??? ;)

Aiya, my MSN can't connect...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster