La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

ONE FOUR  

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

14... Just a mere number... Right? Wrong! 14 is my class in TP, AF14 to be exact lar... A class of various personality from various parts of Singapore. Let me name my classmates and a bit about each of them to the best I can. Pardon me if I get some mixed up. Lol, some I remember their names but forget how they look like!

The Girlz:
Rabiatul 'Adawiyah aka Ad ~ worked as tuition teacher the past few months, knows some of us in class through our friends, was in military band, has natural hazel eyes according to her, sometimes laugh like a witch scaring me nearly to death, in Spydra during FoW, lives in Simei.
Sheena ~ was appointed class treasurer 'cause she looks really trustworthy, loves animals.
Nisa ~ worked at a factory the past few months and still haven't gotten her pay (ok, that's Friday's news), lives in Woodlands.
Gaythri ~ oldest among us all (I think), used to work as a primary school PE teacher, hurt herself in a fall and thus couldn't come for first two days of Applied Science (AS) Orientation.
Chloe ~ rarely smiles but when she does, looks really sweet, seems rather athletic, lives in Pasir Ris.
Marissa ~ my primary 2 classmate, her skin looks as white as milk, always kena sabo by our Orientation Leader (OL) Nicholas, walks to school via Bedok Reservoir.
Michelle ~ very quiet.
Shirlene ~ looks so much like one of the Sub-Comm during FoW!
Ya Zhi ~ err... slips my mind...
Ei Kyawt San ~ loves monkeys, in Antor during FoW, is from Myanmar.
Karen ~ the first person in 14 I talked to, seems to be a happy go lucky person, I dunno!
Xue Mei ~ she looks like plain Jane, such a simple person.

The Guyz:
Anil ~ always sighs, kena sabo become class chairperson, once a scout always a scout, in Antor during FoW, likes fantasy books, looks so much like Ramesh!
Heider ~ from 6/6 in TNPS (no wonder he reminded me of someone when I saw him with Rusy), always with his handkerchief haha, in Mantiz during FoW.
Xavier ~ I identified him as the guy who wore a t-shirt with a red cross on the front, reminds me of 'saviour', loves to say hahaha while chatting on
MSN.
Stanley ~ reminds me of Ren Liang lol.
Nelson ~ err, has dyed hair?
Lu Jie, Jun Jie, Xin Quan ~ can't remember who's who.
Joel ~ claims to have Elvis hair.
Dickson ~ I always mix him up with Joel.
Yan Hao ~ haha, the guy whose name I forgot and who forgot my name when we played the icebreaker.

The OLs (The Lim brothers lol):
Sean ~ super hyper to the point of craziness sometimes, creative with coming up all those cheers (Whoooosh, hahakz!), seems to regard bonds important, really fun to talk to, from Tampines Sec, from TNPS (???)
Nicholas ~ more serious than Sean thus the one to take charge of administrative stuff most of the time, likes to sabo Marissa, once a scout always a scout (he said it!), can be playful when he wants to (he and Wilson carried Sean into the puddle, the class refused to help them except for one of the guys who splashed a pail of water on Sean causing him to fly into a rage), danced at Jam&Hop so pro


Some went off already... sadly...
Top row: Gaythri, Ad, Me, Wallace (our acted CP for the first 2 days), Nisa, Xue Mei, Sheena, Karen
2nd row: Xavier, Joel, Ei Kyawt San, Chloe, Sean, Nic
3rd row: Yan Hou, Nelson, Anil
In front: Heider

So far, I'm most comfortable with Ad and Nisa though there's still frequent awkward silences between us. The rest... I'll have to make more conversations first.

I wanna bring my camera to take photos of the wonderful environment in TP but... very paiseh leh... Like what like that take photo here take photo there. Besides my camera the megapixel only 4.0, so the photos don't really turn out nice like Sylvia's always do... So jealous, haha.

Back to topic... The AS Orientation overall was great though I have to admit I didn't have as much fun as I did in FoW. The AS Orientation quite cool quite lame also lar... Got Vampires (Ventrue and Toreador) vs Lycans (Silverfangs and Fianna). I was in Silverfangs anyway, with all the other Biotech students in LT5. We had station games around the school to get to know our way around school better. There was also a short skit put up by the AS Studies Club at the Convention Centre in the Engineering School to help us remember some of the rules, though he had more fun laughing at the bunny (someone wearing bunny ears and stilettos and carries a vanguard telling us of the change of scene). Heider lar! Kept singing songs which really kena the situation, so funny! We had Scavenger Hunt too. So stupid one haha. There's one question which made us go in and out of the female toilet to name all there is inside like what the??!! Then there's questions asking how many vending machines are there, what's the cheapest sandwich sold in the vending machine and how many types of ice-creams are there in another, so ridiculous lor... One question we couldn't even answer, 'cause we couldn't even FIND that damn fighter plane, which we assume we had to do... Some of the question weren't specific enough so we just shot whatever answers we have...

The third day is the most eventful one in my opinion. The Final Clash was great. It was quite/very (lol) different from the one we had for FoW. The instructions weren't clear and I got totally mixed up initially, but it worked ok I guess. At least we all not as rabak (woah... Mr Tan, I hope you're not reading my blog... Haha, as if he reads blogs, what's my problem??) as Toreador's one, but that's 'cause Ventrue, Fianna and us allied to hantam Toreador lor. In the end, Fianna won and since Fianna is in Lycans too, Silverfangs cheered for them as well. As the winner, Fianna won the holy child *rolls eyes haha* which is actually lollipops lol. Then there was prize presentation. Ventrue won best LT (I thought Michael said LT5 clinched it??), Bendy (err...) won best OL and deserves it and AF14 won cash for trash (hmm... wow??). For the cash for trash prize, we won ourselves a $5 voucher at the school bookshop. Ok... Can lah can lah... Anyway, the Final Clash really drenched us from head to toe. I got hit by water bombs on all parts of my body including my forehead, wah pain like what you know. I lost my brooch along the way and when someone passed it to me at the end of the game, it looked it it'd been stepped on. Lucky I have extra pin in my wallet. Oh yah, we received the AS shirt. It is luminous lime green! Woah! Eyes pain, haha kidding.

After lunch, the traditional Regatta started. Firstly, there were 5 telematch games with the five schools competing. At first I was in the first game, pass water balloons with towels one, but I got really tired of waiting for the games to start and since they said two girls can opt out of the game, Marissa and I go join AS at the seats lor. We thought it'd be more fun to cheer from the seats with our classmates, but when we got to the AS area, we were asked to sit at the sides since there's no space in between and the area where we sat was super super quiet man! I know the people there are from Biomed since I saw my friend, who's in Biomed, there. She didn't recognise me, nevermind I was too pissed off with the group of people who didn't cheer to strike up a good conversation with her anyway. I thought Ventrues are Biomed students one... How can they win the best LT is they super quiet like that??????!!!!!!!!! I was really really pissed off lar! Biotech super hyper with AF13 and AF14 and Rubayn ok. Whatever lar...

So anyway, AS was never first in the telematch games, and neither were we last. We're always in between haha. Ironically, the Moon Ball game seems the most interesting. That was the game that I went "Huh??" even after reading the intructions a couple of times. Actually, it's like volleyball but with super duper gigantic balls haha. As for the cheering, it was already bad enough my area so quiet. They had to put Business School beside us somemore. Wah lau eh! Business so big! When they cheer, the IT students from the other end also can hear their words clearly sia! Business looks so fun one. They made their own maracas made of beans in covered plastic cups, they have yellow bandanas that unite everyone as one school and they even have Stitch and Chicky mascots. One of my OLs, Nicholas came over to my area to get my area to hype up and when he heard Business right next to us, he told Marissa and me, "I know why you all so quiet. Scared of Business right? I hear them also I scared." Haha, quite true lor though I think scared is not an appropriate word. We just felt that we cheer also useless. That's what I think. Firstly, Marissa and I and about 2/3 others are like the only ones cheering in our area. Secondly, we cheer also not like the participants of the telematch games can hear (when they're out on the field I mean). Thirdly, while we cheer then suddenly the Business cheer, we all are doing nothing but making our throats sore. Get the picture? There's one point of time where Design School attacked us from the other side and AS DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO REPLY!!! Just say something!!! I felt like getting suan by my brother and just keeping quiet aout it, not doing anything. I felt like bursting! Cannot take it... I'm not the kind to take things like this lying down. Even the MC was challenging us, you know! Really lar... What is this??

After the telematch games, the whole lot of us walked the slight distance across the scary bridge above the large drainage to Bedok Reservoir to watch the Dragon Boat Competition. We had to sit on a slope for like one and a half hour squashed like sardines. My butt hurt like what after that sia! The Dragon Boat competition went better than I expected. AS normally either win 1st or 2nd except once we got 4th... Again, I sat wrong place. All around me people were so quiet, especially the boy on my left... He ar, better go home sleep lar... Didn't hear him utter a word throughout the whole thing. When we stood to cheer, he'd just sit where he was quietly. Sometimes he'd stand, but then also never do anything. Maybe AS is the studious quai quai (how to spell ar) school. I have to say we have the most packed timetable... And our schedule more or less like JC... I'm not regretting my choice! It's just that, work hard play hard lar! Can't you just open your mouth and cheer?? Your voice made of gold is it? School haven't start yet, just have fun lar! Grr... See lar. I in Poly so enthu one... I'm really really considering joining GL after I've settled down with AS life. I think Rubayn and Karen considering joining TPSU, as in get involved. Maybe I'll follow suit... See how.

At night, the class went for dinner at Mac together (the OLs came later) and the bond seemed to have strengthened a bit more since then. After dinner, we went back to school for Jam&Hop. It was really like a clubbing session. I wanted to dance but somehow it just didn't feel right! Since my heart says it's wrong, I believed so and left after a while. They all say go in to see only, 5 minutes or so go home. What the... Half an hour, most of them so into it already I didn't even say bye.

Wah, I very tired already. Type for nearly 3 hours already ok... I have Communication Skills for Applied Science later at 3pm. Have to meet the class and Sean (our super hyper funny OL, he said he rarely angry ya true but when he angry I get really scared one...) at 2.30pm to collect our lab coats. After school, I gotta meet Shikin (madrasah...) to pass her some notes. Since her tuition start at 5.30pm, I really gotta hurry.

Oh ya, yesterday... Yesterday was crap lar... A waste of time and money only. Go school for dunno what PC orientation for an hour (which was really sian) then walked around the CCA booths (all sports... yawn...) then went to student lounge and went out back (saw Pomata but didn't get a chance to ask him why he's called Pomata) then went to Design School canteen (yum yum) but never eat, ended up taking bus 8 home with Ad.

Random: My appetite's been really big the past 4 days. I eat whenever I can put my hands on some food! That's bad! I wanna lose that 1kg back!!!

I have a lot more to write, my fears, my expectations, my aims and simply my thoughts but I really sleepy... Wanna get some rest before I have to head for school. By the way, as you see I didn't blog for nearly a whole week already and that's because I'm busy/tired with school, but my computer has a corrupted/missing file so can't on... I'm using my dad's/eldest brother's computer now and I can only use it when they're not using it which is quite irregular. AND moreover, the blogger uploading process seems to have something wrong... So, see ya peeps when I can! AND have the energy to blog lol. Bye!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster