La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Happily Ever After... The End... NOT!!!!!  

Thursday, April 13, 2006

B is for BEENOX,
We love Beenox!
If you wanna be the best,
Come join BEENOX!!

BEENOX is first!!!! It's half unbelievable, half expected. Ermz... Quite illogical. Nevermind haha. First day we were last. Our morale was low. I felt like not coming back. So did Marcus, Aisyah and so many others. But once you fail, try again and who knows, you might succeed. One of the GLs, Jackson asked me yesterday why I came back, I didn't know how to answer, but I guess the answer is: I believed in BEENOX. But in the morning of the second day, I was still unsure. Should I go? Or should I not? I was really tired after the first day. I really didn't want to go through another day of boredom, sweat and ache. But I... Dunno eh. I just bathed, grabbed my duffel bag, piled the necessary things in my bag and off I went to poly alone. When I reached the sports hall and sat down with the rest of the freshies who were greeting good morning, I just felt more alive. I think I was smiling haha. I just knew I didn't make a mistake coming back and it's gonna be one of the best days of my life. ;D

That second day was very tiring as well if not more tiring that is. We learnt many new (and unforgettable) cheers. We were more energetic and we can feel the whole BEENOX uniting. I was starting to make friends with people from other sub-empire. I'm in BEEKUM. That day, BEEKUM was really sian. Left 8 freshies. From 18 you know! Nevertheless, we did great. The BEEKUM GLs were really supporting and played the station games with us. Thank you for your support GLs!!! We had a lot of fun together though after all the games, I've had my feet stepped on and tied up lol. Quite pain you know, especially when one heavy GL step on my poor little feet, almost crushing my bones haha. Nevermind, nevermind. It's better now already. But the best part of the day was learning the mass dance. The song so cute!!! Mary Moon! She's a vegetarian! Mary Moon! Mary Moon! Lol, it was great, though quite awkward and uncomfortable 'cos need to pair up with the opposite gender and must hold hands lar. We also had performance night and BEENOX did a fantastic job. I think we were the best, besides Centis. BEENOX put up a skit under the direction of Charmaine aka Charmander haha. I was one of the five streetwalkers whom one of the nerds approach. Desmond aka Handle With Care funny lar lol. While we were waiting for our turn to speak, we were supposed to mumble things lar. He mumble mumble, but his eyes on the pair before us... When I told him not to look at them, his answer so innocent one but I can't remember what he said. Then, after we were done speaking in the mike, I was supposed to pull Maisha offstage and he was supposed to sit there looking dejected and pretending to spot other girls to ask for their number but dunno what happened, he go follow us offstage and got scolded by Charmander lor. Anyway, after the performances by all the freshies, there was a star award. The nominees were Green Gtatue from Antor, Drummer from Centis, Security Guard from BEENOX, Harmonica from Spydra and Jellyfish from Mantiz. Antor's green statue won, haha! His name is Wei Jie I think. He was the boy watching tv and changing channels. While he was performing, the Main Comm so bad leh! They write funny notes on the back of styrofoam plates and showed it to the freshies behind them. The notes very sarcastic ok! Really man... B-A-S K-E-T basket family sia... For green statue was School Socks ('cos he was wearing white school socks very high) + pose = cannot take it (or something like that) and everyone (including me, sadly... I also cannot tahan lar!) laughed at him. Poor guy, he didn't seem to know we were laughing at him. At one point of time, he moved and the Main Comm wrote, "Green Statue moved!" and again everyone laughed. After Antor's performance, the Main Comm passed the styrofoam plates for him to keep. If I were him, I'd have cried when I see the notes you know! So hurtful leh. Maybe that's why yesterday he didn't come... Hmm... I think I'll skip to the end of the day. We got third in place. Actually it's second last since there's two empires that got second. After the main debrief, BEENOX had our own debrief. The GLs told us why they shouted 184 when the results were being revealed. 184 is the height of Hazwan, the tallest GL. Lolx! Unfortunately, we got 150 only. BUT, among the 5 empires, BEENOX improved the most! Yay for BEENOX! During the debrief, I just got emo all of a sudden. I really wanted to cry when the GL cheered for us. They're a really wonderful bunch of people... When they asked if we wanted to go home, we said no. When they asked if we were tired, most said no. I say most 'cos I answered yes hehe. I'm an honest person you know ;)

Second day, I woke up at 6+ and I couldn't sleep back. I was really excited at what was to come. I didn't know much about what we'd do for the last day except that there'll be water games. The water games were fun. We love programs! We love programs! Haha! The first station was at the tennis court. We were supposed to throw water bombs from one end to the other using trash bag. The scene must have looked so funny! Water bombs flying everywhere and smacking down at our feet. Lol. While we were throwing the water bombs, the GLs cheered for us. Since I'm at the end of the line and so many water bombs drop before they even reach us, I joined in the cheers also lar. BEENOX GLs the best! After the game was over, the Sub-Comm people told us to throw the water bombs we'd collected at the GLs while cheering. We cheered the "G is for GL, We love GL..." cheer and topped it up with the series of claps and lastly we shouted, "GL!" I threw my water bomb anyhow one. Lucky never kena any GLs, haha they all scatter like what! Then Wan, the tallest GL, splashed a bucketful of water at us and it's our turn to scatter like mad lolx. I was quite dry hehe. Next station was at the STC. We had to play Captain's Ball with butter instead of a ball. Haha, so slippery and oily lar! In addition, the GLs were shooting water at us with their water guns and some shot at our face one leh! Keep having to wipe my face resulting in the spread of the butter. Both teams did well. It was a draw 5-5, weeeeee!!!! After the game, we ran to the GLs and wiped our buttery hands on their shirt lol. The freshies were then asked to squat in a tight half circle and a Sub-Comm threw a bucketful of water at us from the second floor. I so suay go squat at the front hence I got really wet, but I was wearing black so can't see how wet I was. Emy, sorry I shouted at you! It wasn't intentional. I shout in a joking manner one. I know everyone is wet. The water was cooling and I wouldn't mind getting thrown at again, really! So la la la, we went to the amphitheatre where the theater club always perform. Here we were asked to break into two groups. A will stand on the left side of the stage, B on the right. Then 5 rangers from each team were spread out over the seats. The rangers were to throw water bombs at us and we had to catch them WITHOUT using our hands. My team numbered the rangers B1, B2 and so on so we can direct them on where and how to throw. It worked more or less. I caught one, but it exploded on me. Maisha also got one and fortunately, it didn't explode. Oh I forgot to mention that those on the stage must pair up and tie legs together so our movements were very much restricted. At the end of the game, it was a draw again! Woo hoo! Then the Sub-Comm ask us to squat in a circle on stage, close our eyes and cheer as long as possible. The GLs so sweet... After all the water bombs we threw at them and butter wiped, they crowded around us to protect us. Aww... Touched touched. The freshies together with the GLs cheered very loudly! So gempaq! After this station, we only had time for only one more before we were expected back in the sports hall. The station was beside the fountain, at the foot pebbles area, lol I dunno what you call it lar. Again we were separated into two groups. I was in the econd group, so while the first group walk and scream on the pebbles, we were to throw a water bomb each at them. The walkway is very long ok... When it was my group's turn to go, I really cannot tahan leh. The pebbles so sharp and searing!!! Pain you know! After both groups had gone, we thought it was over. but then... the Sub-Comm challenged us. If we can finish the walkway in less than 1 minute, the Sub-Comm will jump into the fountain. So.... We all formed a looong time and RAN across the walkway. It felt like we were walking on big, fat, sharp needles!!!! Pain like hell! I dunno why I agreed to do it haha. It turned out we finished in 1 minute and 3 seconds. Aiyar... Then dunno what the GLs and Sub-Comm agreed on and the GLs also ran across the walkway! The freshies cheered them on! They really supporting one. Hana was really in pain halfway already, but with our cheers, she continued all the way. Yay for Hana! Since both freshies and GLs ran across the walkway, the 4 Sub-Comm had to reward us right? And so... THEY REALLY JUMPED INTO THE FOUNTAIN!!! 3 cheers and 3 cheers and 3 cheers for Programs. Hip Hip Hurray! Hip Hip Hurray! Hip Hip Hurray!!!! So fun lar... After this task, we ran all the way back to the sports hall. It's not really that far but it felt like I'd ran 2.4km haha. Inside the sports hall, everyone no energy left already. Luckily we were to learn sign language instead of cheers. Phew! Don't have to talk at all. Well, for the freshies at least. It's cool learning sign language. Might come in useful someday too. So, for now, the languages I wish to learn are Mandarin, Arab, French and Sign! Haha, I love languages and I can pick up phrases quite quickly. Anyway, we learnt to use sign language from A-Z and for some words used in a Temasek Song (no, not the school song...). Some are easy to remember and do while others kinda make your fingers twisted around each other lol. Oh, and Xinyu sang the song very nice leh... Accompanied by the sign language even nicer... At home, I really can't stop singing the song (as close to how it is supposed to be as possible haha short term memory lar...) and doing the signs at the same time. Maybe one day I can show my cousins, who're deaf by the way, the song. Back to the day's events... After singing/acting out the song and lunch (we changed into the red FoW shirt during lunch), we had to do tasks as a whole empire. I was the timekeeper. Haha, Elyn, tak sia-sia kau panggil aku 'alarm clock' tau (For non-Malays, I was saying: Elyn, it's worth it you naming me 'alarm clock' afterall). For every x hour 15 minutes, we're supposed to lie dead on the ground and for every x hour 45 minutes, we're supposed to form a circle and massage each other's shoulders. Everyone so gancheong (like me ;P) one, every few minutes ask me the time haha! Relax ar, I know my job! Anyway, some of the tasks very easy, some very hard, some utterly disgusting, some kinda silly, some cause damage of school property and some put us through a great deal of pain lol. Let me state some examples... Disgusting: A girl has to spit into a guy's underwear. Two boys have to kiss each other on the mouth. Damage school property: Everyone has to fit onto a school bench (which is actually a table with two benches) and when half of us climbed onto it, we heard a crack. Lol, the Sub-Comm got scared and asked us to come down, assuring us that he'll give us the marks for our effort eventhough we didn't complete the task. Pain: We had to form 2 lines, sit on the floor, put our legs around the person in front of us and use our hands to pull us along 100m. Pain like what you know! Especially our thighs and arms... Some of the girls said, "First experience of giving birth". Lolx. One of the tasks was to look for our FA and ask why he/she wears a gold ring instead of a silver one. Haha, Pomata (our FA, dunno if Pomata is really his name, lol I doubt it) had taken his off and pretended not to know what we were talking about. Think we dunno meh? 3 days see him already leh! Of course we'd noticed the gold ring he wears on his right middle finger. At last, he gave in and told us Alvin (I think) asked him to. At 4.15pm, we ran as we cheered to Tembusu Grove (err?) for the Final Clash. The game is very interesting, though rather confusing initially... The foreign students had difficulty understanding the rules and stuff so we had to explain to them slowly. I really wonder how they're going to understand what their lecturers teach them when term starts. I mean, I imagined myself going to China to take a course there and the course is taught in Mandarin. It's gonna be really hard!!! So anyway, BEENOX's strategy was to defend, defend and just defend. Only a few boys will go out of the triangle to attack to try earn more points. Charmander got really angry when Syaza tried to go attack and got hit by a water bomb on the way, resulting in her disqualification. Charmander vented her anger by repeating "Do not go out and attack, just defend!" so many times. I got really frustrated with her, to be honest. But I managed to control my frustration and asked her why she's being so tensed up. She told me that she takes everything as a challenge and morever, one of the GLs told her that they'd never lost the Final Clash and that she is pressurized to continue this. Well, what can I say to this? I just adviced her to have fun and not get too tensed up over the game. So anyway, the game went (with so many disruptions) and BEENOX's lollipop, as they call it, was the only one that is dry. The others had either gotten wet or already had a whole through (which meant the empire is down). At the end, there was only Antor and BEENOX left and while our lollipop is still very dry, Antor's was really soaked through. Before the grand final, the Main Comm announced that all of us still in the game have gained immortality, which meant that we won't 'die'/be sent out of the game if we get hit by a water bomb. So... When the whistle sounded, signaling the start of the grand final, all of us went all out to attack the other empire's lollipop. BEENOX got a hole in Antor's lollipop first and thus, we won. HOWEVER, one of us (I still have no clue who) had broken a rule and did a jump shot, hurting a girl in the process and caused us to lose half the points. After the winner was announced, everyone headed back to the sports hall. On the way back, Antor sang BEENOX cheer and vice versa, then dunno who, came up with the idea A-N-N-O-X Annox, Annox, Annox! Both Antor and BEENOX cheered so it was really loud! Back at the sports hall, all of us sat down and Safarie asked for volunteers from each empire to say a few words about the camp. While they were talking, I thought about the camp. It had been really fun and enriching. I really enjoyed myself and made a lot of friends among the freshies and the GLs. I would have loved going through it all over again, even if it means causing my throat to be really really sore! I really didn't regret coming. It's 3 days well-spent. If I hadn't gone, I would have rotted further at home. The workshop somewhat brought me back to life! Anyway, after that was the award for best freshie from each empire. From BEENOX was Rubayn! Congrats Rubayn! You really deserved it after all the cheers you lead and all. FINALLY, the time came for the champion to be announced. It was really nerve-wrecking! Felt like the time I was waiting to receive my O level results haha. The results were announced from last to first. The HGLs (I think... For BEENOX was Elvi) were asked to stand in front of their empires with the empire flags and a Sub-Comm stood next to them each. Glenn was the Sub-Comm standing beside Elvi and he kept asking her to hold the flag out as if he was about to take it up (to show that the empire had gotten the ranking Safarie mentions). You could feel everyone holding their breath while the ranks were announced. When the last turned out not to be BEENOX (for OTC, BEENOX was last...), the BEENOXians breathed again before holding our breaths again. When Centis's/Antor's flag was raised, (Centis was first on 2nd day while Antor was runner-up for the Final Clash), we knew it's a 99% that BEENOX would win! Mantiz is good but BEENOX won Final Clash, which contributes a lot of points!!! When Mantiz was announced second, all BEENOXians instantly got up and jumped for joy. The feeling was really great man... FIRST! BEEONOX ACTUALLY GOT FIRST when we were last on the first day! That's a really great achievement! But I must say Glenn might have something to do with it. He was the Sub-Comm in charge of BEENOX for the tasks in the afernoon and he didn't take things really seriously, like we didn't have to massage each other at EXACTLY x hours 15 minutes and as I mentioned he gave us marks eventhough we didn't complete the squeeze-on-a-bench task. He also gave us the marks for the third massage eventhough we didn't do it. For this... THANK YOU GLENN! Of course, BEENOX did our part too! The GLs were supporting and the freshies were enthusiastic! 3 cheers and 3 cheers and 3 cheers for BEENOX! Hip Hip Hurray! Hip Hip Hurray! Hip Hip Hurray! After that we had mass dance, but I missed it for... reasons unstated. When I came back, BEENOX freshies were sitting in a circle and telling how they feel about the workshop while eating the snacks we'd gotten for winning first. When it was my turn to speak, I talked more than I would have when I was in Secondary School. I expressed exactly how I felt about the workshop. After the freshies' turn was the GLs turn. By then, my tears had also spilled down my cheeks. I knew I'm gonna miss them... They really are a great bunch of people. Vincent (I think) told us not to forget BEENOX as soon as we got home. I silently replied, I wouldn't be able to forget BEENOX for a lifetime... When those who had things to say had said their piece, it was time to give out the certificates. I totally didn't expect that haha. Didn't know orientation workshop also give out certificate of participation, but I'm glad for it. It'll serve as a nice memory... At the very end, all of us formed a circle and sang and danced and cheered together. The Tatako (actually it's tak takut, which means not scared) cheer really broke my heart waa!!! The cheer was full of spirit, loud and sharp... Then some of the GLs and freshies hugged, so... (lost for words) Even recalling it makes me feel like crying leh!

BEENOX, you make me sick, you make me crazy yet I still love you! *Muackz* BEENOX feels so much like a family to me that I dreamed of BEENOX last night. I think I was doing the cheer movements while I sleep haha! I woke up in the morning to see that half the things on my bed were on the floor! Whoops! Then today while I went out with my mum, I saw go many things which reminded me of BEENOX and the orientation. For example, while my mum buy takeaway food, I saw the stall vendor tying the plastic and I was reminded of how we tied the water bombs as well as how BEENOX won the Final Clash!!!!!

That's it lar... I wanna be a GL. I think that's the best CCA for me even if I'm quiet at times. Here can make a lot of friends and that's what I need. My friends from secondary school who are in JC have already moved on and left me behind. When I talk to them, it's like we're so detached already. 4R class blog is stagnant and less than 15 people sent me their profiles. I'd done all I can to keep 4R together. Of course I will always keep 4R close to my heart, but it's time I let go. I'm in poly now and I will make the best out of this opportunity. I'm starting to feel that I belong in Temasek poly ever since the second day of orientation. This is where I'd be for the next three years. BEENOX is my second family now. Go BEENOX go you go we go!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster