La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Miscellanous Entry - So many topics  

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I've been freakingly eating non-stop the past few days! I think I gained weight, noooooooo!!!!!!!! That's a disaster! Before school started, I'd been watching what I eat, well most of the time anyway, and I successfully lost 4kg over the four months. I was so happy lar! I thought I'd lose more weight or at least maintain my current weight BUT the mere sight of food makes my stomach grumble. And yes, even after I'd had an extremely heavy meal! Well, I'm afterall A GIRL. A typical girl with her typical vanity haha. Of course I wanna look good, which I suppose I currently don't. My face have new pores, whiteheads, blackheads and pimples popping out and they're... so urgh! My face so oily lar... But whenever I wipe my face with the Clean and Clear blot paper thingy it'd seem like my face isn't oily at all! The paper always end up as dry as it was before I wipe my face you know... I just don't get it.

Anyway, I was browsing through Friendster just now and Nic was like "first and foremost....marilyana!! wat sean onli! me leh!!" Lolx! So.... here's what I have to reply to that. First and foremost (heheh), you mark my name for three days you still dunno how to spell my name ar? Lol, I hope it's just a typo error, though I doubt so... Nisa thought my name is Mariana, dotz haha. For those of you out there who still dunno... It is spelled M-A-R-L-I-Y-A-N-A. If you can't remember, jot that down and write 100 times everyday. Haha, kidding...

Back to topic... Ouch Nic, how could you think I'm biased? I'm hurt. =( Hahakz, no lar no lar. I'm a very fair person. If I write for one, I will write for all. And as you can see, that's what I'd done... in my blog. But well... Boo hoo, none of you checked it out. You're not the first nevermind. This brings me to the question, "Why do I blog?" Firstly, I blog because I think a lot and I don't know where to jot them down. Secondly, I also like to jot down the good and bad times I've had. Tell you a secret: I'm afraid of losing my mind. So by jotting the events of my life, I'm like securing my past in a way... However, I don't like to jot them down in a book since I don't like my handwriting sometimes. Being the perfectionist that I am, once I'd written an entry with an ugly handwriting, I'd either rewrite it or buy another book to start another journal. And so... to save money, I blog! Thirdly, by blogging I find that I can expand my thoughts. Blogging sorta relaxes my mind 'cause I'm like pouring out everything (wait a minute... not everything...) in my heart and mind. Fourthly, I know no one reads my blog most of the time (especially my family members) so it's safe. I'd thought of making my blog private but... Here comes the fifth reason of why I blog and that is so I avoid speaking ill of anyone. If you notice, I rarely say something bad about people on my blog. I don't want to hurt people's feelings. I can imagine what it'd be like if it was me that got hurt and I wouldn't like that. Hmm... I think there's more reasons as to why I blog, but can't think of any right now. Oh by the way, those who read my blog, please tag so I know! It gives me more motivation to blog...

Opps, I keep getting side-tracked haha. Actually today's post is about yesterday (at the same time, about Wednesday as well) and today's events but as you can see there's so many other things and hence the title.

Yesterday, school ended at 2pm since tutorials haven't start yet. So after school I went to Tampines Library to see if there's any of the books listed in the reference list there. Well... I only looked for Human Anatomy and Physiology (HAP) and found that the library has about 2 or 3 of the books listed, but they're of an older edition... This means I either buy the books ($40+ for first-hand and about $30 for second-hand) or I do what most other students do, that is to go to the school library, which is a really comfortable place anyway (you can read, write, photocopy, watch tv, use computer, watch dvds/vcrs or just study... With 8 floors, the library is equipped with almost everything! So far, the TP library is my favourite hangout haha), and borrow the books for 2 hours each, quickly read through and then return, which is kinda sian...

After that I went home to rest awhile before going out back to meet Siti at TPJC to watch the soccer match between MJC and TPJC. Since my ez-link is adult fare and the JC is in walking distance, I walk lor... Quite hot, but haiz... money is really precious to me these days... MJC's spirit very good leh. The councillors wave like 4 school flags, lead everyone to cheer for their school and beat drums (at first they used buckets, which well... ended up not looking like buckets a while later, there were big holes in them!). The students however, half were concentrating on the game and so only half cheered. The cheers were not bad. Reminds me of FoW and AS Orientation waaaaahhhhhh! :'( On the brighter note, I was squished between two MJs, Siti and Hidayah and they kept asking me to cheer for MJ. Haha, I blatantly refused. I'm not part of MJ and it's no use pretending that I am. It just reminds me of how I didn't get into MJ, not for PAE, not for JAE, so sad... I know you can just cheer on the MJ soccer team without having to feel part of MJ, but it's like when you cheer, you must have the spirit lah and well... aiyah so hard explain... Anyway, it was great seeing my secondary school friends again! First I saw Shida (err... she saw me first lol) then Asri, Hana, Marissa, Iyliana and Shahidah (was Fatin there?) called out to Siti and saw me and of course there's Hidayah and not forgetting Khairiyah who skipped MLEP to watch the match haha. I kinda miss TMS. I wanna organise a 4R gathering to go TMS together to collect our yearbooks and O level certificates, but dunno when would be good... Everyone seems busy, especially the JC people who'd be sitting for their mid-years soon. I thought of tomorrow (well, yo can say today...) but it's like so late minute and I don't like last minute planning like this.

Argh! Sidetracked again... So well, Siti and Hidayah were practically pointing out every single cute guys (according to them... my definition of cute is still quite different from theirs, except for one of the guys I have to agree heheh) there from the councillors to the soccer players (who looked so small and short on the field) to the supporters. Here's where I'm not a typical girl. Haha, I don't get it why girls must share information about who's cute and who's not. For one, as the saying in TMS goes... Cute is ugly but adorable haha. Whatever lah... But it's normal. In secondary school also the main topic between Siti and me is boys. She and her naming of all the cute guys and hunks she meet and me having a good laugh at it 'cause I always cannot see what's so cute about the guys she call cute. Haiz... Miss those bus rides together in the morning. Eh Siti, you read my blog tag lar! :P

At about 5.45 I left the TPJC compounds to meet Siti's sis to bring her to Alfa Edu Centre where Ad taught tuition. The thing is, Ad would have to quit (ok she already did. That day was her last day. She told me her students saboed her with powder and water - lots of them!) and she needs a replacement. At first I thought it'd be a good experience for me to teach there but I thought twice about it and don't think it'd work. Poly is already tiring as it is. Besides, my mum seems rather reluctant about it and I'm positive my dad is totally against me working while studying. Moreover, if I work, I won't be getting an allowance from my parents and whatever clothes/books/stationeries I need I'd have to use my own money. Since the pay is just slightly more than what my parents give me, might as well don't work right. Tire myself out for what, right? So yeah, I told Siti about the job on MSN the other day and she told her sis who'd just graduated from JC. She told me her sis was interested so I brought her to meet Cikgu Omar lor.

That's basically all for yesterday/Thursday (and Wednesday in a way). Today/Friday was actually quite enjoyable. Had Principles of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry 1 (PIPC1) at 9am for two hours and then Maths for an hour before break. The two subjects were more or less manageable. Both are about units haha. During break, the boys (and two girls I think) of the class left us (Ad, Nisa, Ya Zhi, Michelle, Ei Kyawt San and myself) to eat at MENSA while the other girls seemed to disappear into thin air. Ad was meeting her friend to have lunch together. She asked me along but I thought it'd be rather awkward lar haha so I went with the other 4 girls. Nisa and I were waiting at the 2nd-hand books sale area for HAP books to be restocked and for Nic (but turned out he's absent from school today). HAP books seem to be sold out real fast! We got tired of waiting, so Ei Kyawt San went to withdraw money to buy the other three books (Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry and PIPC) while the rest of us went to MENSA to eat also. We'd wanted to sit with the rest of the class on the second floor but there weren't any seats available so we sat downstairs. Can I skip this? YES.

Yada yada yada, went library with Yan Zhi and Michelle, separated, met Raudah, did Maths tutorial, went to pray with Ad, checked the book sales again, met up with class, time for Organic Chemistry (OC). Since we were the last few to enter LT7, we had to sit in front. I was reluctant at first but I think it's good there though your neck hurts sometimes. I wasn't as sleepy there as if I'd sat at the top few rows as I always do. It's not because there's a lecturer right in front of me, because there wasn't. We 'share' lecturers. A few LTs would be filled with students but only one LT (it seems that LT8 is the one that is always the main LT) has the lecturer. The other LTs will see the lecturer on tv and the notes on the screen.

Anyway, OC was okok, but HAP was funny! The lecturer seems to be in the holiday mood already. He was teaching half the time and crapping the other half. Fortunately for us, all that he taught today is in the paper and it';s very clear-cut, about the systems in our body and what are they made up of and what are their functions. I'm gonna love HAP! That's one of the resons why I wanna get the book.

The funniest of the day was Applied Principles for Effective Learning (APEL). It was conducted by Yee Mon, the new lecturer from Myanmar and we had a good time laughing at the way he pronounce words, names especially. I know it's bad but as usual... Can't help it!!! Anyway, we were asked to tell the class why they chose Biotechnology. Half of them knows what they're doing. They are really interested to do veterinary science or research. The other half, like me, somehow ended up there. At least, for me it's not bad. I chose Biotechnology as my second choice because the subjects taught are similar to Biomedical Science, my first choice, and Biotechnology can still bring me to take Biomedical Science/Biological Science in University... My aim. I wanna be a doctor. I wanna cure people's illnesses. I wanna help people. Yes, I wanted to be a research scientist before but after much thought, it's not my type. Then, it was. Then I just wanted to be behind the scenes. But I don't have confidence that I can FIND/DISCOVER cures. A doctor only needs to USE/APPLY the cures.

Yee Mon was quite late just now and someone said, "If he's 15 minutes late, it means that he's absent so we can go." Haha, ya lor... AS IF! Nevertheless, he arrived 3 minutes (how I know this? Cause Joel said, "Aiyah, 3 minutes more only..." We understand lar haha) before 4.15pm. Before he entered the class, Heider was performing a kind of card magic trick. If I'd believed in magic, I would have been really amazed at what he'd done, but I know better. My brother has taught me some tricks so I know there's nothing really magic. They're all tricks. The funny thing was Heider's pretense to be in full concentration. His eyes were closed, his brows were together, his face was scrunched up and he was shaking. The whole class was laughing lar haha!

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!! 4.30am already. I feel like a zombie. Sleep... Sleep... Sleep... Night! Eh, morning! Lolx.

By the way, I'd been listening to the song I put on my blog. All this while I used the other computer, the speaker was spoilt so I couldn't appreciate the song. Today I listen the whole way. It's a good lullaby haha.
If you keep on believing... The dream that you wish will come true...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster