La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Tsk...  

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

This was written last night, but I couldn't post it due to some connectivity problems or something... Anyway, it's a very loooooong post...

The medical check-up went well. It isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Well... Maybe it's just that I was prepared for the worse haha.

So anyway, reached Raffles Medical Center at the OUB/UOB/DBS building (lol I always get them mixed up)and registered. The 'nurse' (I dunno what they're called) at the counter told me, "You should have made an appointment." HeLLo! I called the center on Saturday to make appointment, you say don't need, just walk-in then I walk-in, you say should have made appointment?!?! Whatever... Lucky they let me take a number.

*Random* Smoke smoke smoke. Smoke from my dad's cigarette, smoke from my mum's aromatic incense. Aiyoh, I'm choking...

Anyway, so they gave me a small container for urine collection. The ultimate challenge of the day lol. I spent so long in the toilet, doing what needs to be done as carefully as possible, making sure that I won't regret doing/not doing something haha. I was so paranoid lar.

After placing the urine sample in a small basket provided, I took a seat. I had no idea what I was waiting for. Lucky I sat inside the clinic, not wait outside, otherwise I wouldn't have heard the nurse call my name. My name by the way was pronounced wrongly as usual. She pronounced it as Maruyani or something like that. Ok, maybe the nurse have astigmatism so see 'li' as 'u'... But since when 'a' becomes 'i'?? Normally I would have ignored the mispronounciation, but today I corrected her. So yeah, took my height and weight. Good news: I'm 50kg!!! Had been my aim for the past few years. Psst, I think the weighing machine there spoilt though. My weighing machine at home says I'm 51.5-52kg. Oh well. =) Bad news: I grew shorter by 1cm. No!!!! I'm short enough already! (The worries of female teenagers :X) Then, did the colour defiency test, normal. There's one number I had to stare at for awhile, but got it right anyway. Did the myopia test, normal. I've still got my perfect eyesight! *grins widely* Haha...

That done, wait somemore... My mum returned from paying my brother's handphone bill at the post office, which isn't really far. We talked and joked until I told her that my appeal was unsuccessful. Like laugh laugh smile smile suddenly... TENSION. I was so pissed off at that. Is it really a big deal??!! Yes, to her it is. It concerns the family's good name. *rolls eyes* All of a sudden I felt so pressurized. My 2nd brother went to ITE, so it is like my DUTY to do very well so my relatives would overlook him and be proud of me. Like... hey... It's so what you know... I have this burden on my shoulders and I HATE IT.

Back to topic. Heard a beep from the counter. I didn't think it'd be my turn to see the doctor since the last time I saw the number call was like 14, mine is like, 22. Then I saw reflection on a glass frame, 55. My brain somehow flipped the number and registered 22. I was so gancheong haha. Got up like a glitz, went over to counter like an idiot, turned back around to enter room 2 like a moron lol.

The doctor was nice. Asked me if I was admitted to hospital or had an operation recently and I said no, but I mentioned having appointments with CGH about tendonitis. Then she told me that some protein is found in my urine. I was like stunned, then I racked my brains to try and recall about what protein found in urine might mean but my mind was blank, to be honest. Then the doctor asked about my family medical history on who were the ones having diabetes and high blood pressure, so I answered. She also asked if anyone has kidney failure and I said no. I can't remember what she added but I think it's something about kidney failure kidney failure.

Then she asked me about the slight tremors in my fingers/hand (I'd ticked yes on the medical paper thingy) and I told her. She asked me to extend my hands, palms down and I did. There was a slight tremor alright... She suggested I go for a blood test. I was like looking all over the room lar. Actually I don't mind having another 2-3 inches cube of blood drawn from me if that would help me stop worrying about the possibility of having parkinson's disease but I was worried that my father would have to pay for so many bills this month. I mean, I'd already gone to 3 appointments at CGH, one of which costs over $60. Sigh... So I told the doctor that it wouldn't be necessary as it might just be due to nervousness of O levels last year and that if the tremors worsen I'd visit the polyclinic. Well, and she said okay that would be strongly advised... Now I wish I'd just agreed to her suggestion. I'm still worried about the tremors. I mean it shook so badly during O level chemistry practical okay?! I'm sure the chemicals in my test tubes were very much evenly mixed. It is nervousnes PLUS whatever it is that causes the tremors.

*Random* I dunno why but I've just decided to call my cat Kinky instead of Malice and she answers me!!!

Went outside to wait again. Not long after, which I'm glad of, the 'nurse' at the counter called my name to give me a letter to bring to the other Raffles Medical Center at Tampines Junction for xray. Then there was a conversation going on between us that really set my blood to boil.

Me: Pay now?
Nurse: Ya lar then when?
Me: Where here?
Nurse: Hmm (with a look of sheer sarcasm)

I felt like smacking her you know. I was just making sure right! I was about to tell her that and "Who knows? Pay at Tampines Junction or what. There's a possibility", but the phone rang. Looks like God didn't want me to shoot my mouth off and invite trouble. Oh wellz... I'm sure this is the same nurse who picked up the phone when I wanted to make an appointment on Saturday. This was the conversation, to the best of my memory, which has not been so good lately.

Nurse: Good morning, this is (I can't hear what she said). How may I help you?
Me: Erm... Can I... (was interupted)
Nurse: Want to see doctor for pre-enrolment medical check-up?
Me: Ya, I want to make appointment for this... (interupted again)
Nurse: No need appointment, just walk-in.
Me: Ok. Can use CSC to pay?
Nurse: No, of course you must pay with cash (I don't think she said exactly that but the tone was mocking like that, as if to say I'm a silly 17 year old girl. My dad asked me to ask right?! I didn't want to. It's just $21 anyway, I'm sure he can spare that).

The most irritating thing is that her voice is like those fake sweet kinda voice...

Then whatever whatever, my mum and I left the uilding for Tampines Junction. I was going on about how mocking the nurse sound. Guess what my mum said? "Yang kau beleter ni apasal?" (meaning: You nag so much for what?) It is unacceptable that's why!! That coming from my mum, ouch.

At Tampines Junction's Raffles Medical Center, I had a long wait. A few other people were waiting with their friends or mum or husband. For me, I was standing alone beside the radiology room while my mum sat about 5-10m away from me. I was hoping we could chat and joke somemore, but well... Of course there were people waiting alone too, but that's because they didn't even bring anyone to accompany them in the first place. At some point, my mum said, "Just now I saw nobody with their parents, I thought of leaving you here. There's so many things I could do with the time at home." I replied, "Yeah, I can manage alone." That was just plain words. In actual fact, I was initially proud that my mum had put aside some time to accompany me for the check-up, that she's always there for me. When she said about having better things to do at home, my heart just crashed. She actually said that!! I think she didn't realise how bad she'd put it and I understand that it might be just a slip of the tongue, but then...

It was quite a long wait before the nurse asked me to change into a sorta robe which was made of a rather thin material making me feel quite insecure and exposed. I mean you're bra-less under the robe you know! Anyway, even after changing, I had to wait and wait somemore. There were three more girls who changed AFTER me, but somejow the radiology technologist called the names backward so the last of the four of us went first and me being the first was last. It so happened that there were only 3 of the black board thingy and so, I had to wait somemore. Then, my mum told me she's going. She had an appointment in 30 minutes time, but even if she still had an hour I would have allowed her to go anyway. Her sitting there waiting for me made me keep asking myself, "When will it be my turn, when will it be my turn...?"

When it was finally my turn, the technologist gave me some instructions and apologised for making me wait, explaining the wait at the same time. I smiled, but I so much wanted to tell him what he could have read the names in the right order! Nevermind... The process was quick, but after that I had to wait somemore 'cause there were a few girls who just arrived wanting to change into the robe. After changing, had to wait somemore. I hate waiting! The nurse saw how frustrated I was and asked me to get a seat (That was the second time, the first time she said that, I went to an empty seat to have a guy cut infront of me and sit down. The cheek of him! So ungentlemanly okay!)and I quickly grabbed an empty seat, not caring that a guy in civil defense uniform beside the seat look at me like what. Who cares, I was tired of standing the whole time lar! I could have sat on the ground but it's so unladylike...

Oh yah, I forgot to mention, in the room, there's a card which writes: Please... No laughing, or smiling during working hours. Woah... And here I am thinking about the GEMs thingy which was introduced lately. Isn't smiling a polite gesture?? By the way, in case you're wondering, the nurse who asked me to take a seat twice didn't break a smile except once I think whereas the technologist was all smiles when I entered. Lol?

When the nurse called me and said that I can go, I didn't say anything and went straight out the door. I was thinking of what food to buy with the $10 my mum gave me for breakfast, of which of course the balance I must return. I am currenty quite broke. I have money, but they're either new/old crisp notes that I don't wish to use or they're in the form of unpaid loan so with the $10 I have, I thought of all kinds of food I can buy with it. But since I was starving, I settled for a packet of rice with veggies (for my mum) and sambal chicken (for me of course, but I couldn't finish it so there's some for my mum). I left some of the rice for my mum, as usual.

All in all, today is such a whatever day. I got pissed off so many times. At least I got myself two flower brooch-pin for $2. The $2 which is the remainder of the $10 my mum 'paid' me for ironing my clothes ('cause when I go out she doesn't give me money except for $2 sometimes or unless I go out with her then she pay for the necessities I buy (read one of my old posts regarding what is necessity and what is want in my dictionary)) since $8 is my share in buying the printer ink. Haiz...

Anyway, my wishlist right now:
1) My parents to UNDERSTAND me and how I feel
2) 4R to have a gathering sometime
3) My friends who're in JC to remember me even if they have new and better friends now
4) To have new friends who'd go through thick and thin with me and accept me for who I am
5) To do well in Poly so I can get scholarship for my 2nd year and so I won't have to borrow some of my dad's CPF
6) Get rid of all the acne/whiteheads/blackheads/pores on my face
7) Have whiter teeth
8) Erm... I'll stop here. I have so many things I want, but since I won't get them, forget it.

Anyway, Marcus tagged me on his blog to do a quiz about 8 points my life partner should have. Well, why not?
1) Performs religious obligations diligently
2) Respect their parents (and my parents)
3) Accept me for who I am (and don't ever try to change me, unless it's for the goodness of myself)
4) Understand me and knows how to win my heart (I've weird taste sometimes haha)
5) Respect my decision (when I have one and when I don't, make the decision for me)
6) Has a stable job so can support me (if I may decide not to work)
7) Is cute, in my definition (which is always different from others)
8) Oh yah, and can actually make me comfortable being around him (I always feel uncomfortable with guys unless I'd known them for quite some time)

Lucky it's only 8. If more, I wouldn't have known how to answer lol. I'm only 17 and not really looking ok. I'd get married at least after 24, that's my plan. Younger than 24 is like... young and I may make wrong decisions. =
Now it's my turn to tag 8 people to do this. But I only have one name: YOU! Lol, I doubt if I write 8 people here they would even come across it lar...

Wah, I type for like what, 2 hours? 3 hours? And guess what? " Could not connect to Blogger.com. Saving and publishing may fail." is written above the 'publish post' button..... Tsk...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster