La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Adventure in Orchard!  

Sunday, March 26, 2006

I had a great so-called 'adventure' in Orchard today, ok yesterday... It was great, but my feet hurt by the end of the day haha.

My book was overdued yesterday so whatever it is I have to go library to return it. My initial plan was to go Tampines or Bedok library with my mum to return it and borrow 4 more Ann Rinaldi's books, but then my mum didn't feel like going out and so she asked me to ask my 2nd brother, who went to work this morning to find that the gate is closed. Since my brother had no other plans, we decided it'd be great to spend some time together at Orchard after he showed me where library@Orchard, which I'd been looking for for quite some time already, is.

And so we set off for Orchard...

When we reached Orchard, our first stop was the library. The design of the library is quite funny. The library is very small. I didn't even see the young adults' section; and the malay section does not even fill a full shelf! What's funnier is that the bookdrop is so far from the entrance, at a corner near the lift. Then you know what? There's only one borrowing station! There wasn't even any station to pay your fines, you actually have to line up at the counter leh... So anyway, picked two english fiction (fantasy) books by authors I don't know and another two Malay books for my mum. My mum told me not to borrow a romance book for her, but it was so hard to find anything NOT romance as Malay books are normally romance ok... In the end I ended up with two quite thin books on life stories. That took quite a while...

After that we went to Paragon. We went into Toys 'R' Us on the uppermost level first 'cause my brother wanted to see if the basketball set he saw earlier was still there and unfortunately, it wasn't. Don't worry, little John will get something. Even better, he might get something that he can play with or share with his sister, Julie! They're so adorable and disciplined. John can be soo funny at times too haha! Anyway, before my brother and I even had a chance to look for the basketball set, one of the staff approached us and practically FORCED us to sign up for the Toys 'R' Us star membership card. I was insisting that we don't go Toys 'R' Us often and all and she was insisting that the card is free and all they're trying to do is promote Toys 'R' Us. Whatever. Since there's no harm in it, my brother snd I filled in the forms. While we were writing, the girl/lady/woman/whoever said, "And when you have children, bring them here." I answered sarcastically, "And that'd be a long while away..." Lolx. I think she thought that my brother and I were a couple. So then, my brother and I played with some of the stuffed animals (I wish I can get those furry cats but I told myself I won't buy one more stuffed animal). My brother was mimicking Barney and moving the Barney toy to make it dance haha. Oh oh, and there was this biiiig Little Pony there and as I look at it, I wonder how do I resemble it. Lol, need to ask Alia that.

After that, we went to Metro to look at clothes. Actually, I think my brother wanted his friend working there to see me. From what I know, she don't like girls wearing tudung 'cause she think they're posers or something like that. WHATEVER. At least, those who wear tudung has already carried out one of the Islamic obligation and will be spared from being punished for showing skin (other than face and hands of course) in the hereafter (after-life, I dunno lol I always use Malay terms). By the way, there was some kind of fashion show going on on the first floor. Looks grand but naw... My brother said some of the models look old haha, I have no comments!

Aaah... Time for lunch! We had lunch at KFC at Cineleisure. I think it's my first time there whereas it's like my 20++ time there haha. Hello, I don't even know Cineleisure exists! Oh, note of reminder: If you ever watch movie at Cineleisure, don't buy the tachos (I think). That's what my brother told me. He said that it doesn't taste nice. Since he'd been there so many times already, I'll take his word for it! Maybe someday I'll drag my friends there. Anyway, back to lunch.... I had Zinger Daily Savers Meal while my brother had the Shrooms burger + chicken Star Meal and cheese fries. We were eating as if we were at home lol! My brother told me that if both of us ever wanna eat out with our partners, we'd go double-date to save our face. Haha, then I replied that both of us would then lose our partners 'cause they not only see how horrible we eat, but our family too! Uh oh! Both of us have terrible eating habits AND we are always the last to get up at family dinners. Well, I'm the last to be exact, but my point is that both of us take forever to finish eating haha! Anyway, my brother and I talked about the times we were at Sentosa with family and/or friends. I miss those times. I miss how carefree I was. I miss my kindergarten friends. I miss how close my cousins and I used to be. I miss Fantasy Island... Someday, I'll blog about my childhood times.... And someday when I'm all grown and I happen to stumble upon my blog, all those bittersweet memories will come back to me. No matter how bitter they are, I would most probably still smile as I read about MIGHTY MARLIYANA YOUNG haha.

Now, the best part of the day which got me really excited!!!! Ok, it started that my brother wanted to smoke and so he told me to explore the little bazaar we saw beside Cineleisure as he knows that I hate the cigarette smoke (well of course, as a passive smoker I would be more open to diseases/cancers than first-hand smokers!). Little did I know that it's LIME FLEA MARKET!!!! The same one that I'd been wanting to go and never did 'cause I had no idea where it is and also there wasn't anyone who knows where it is would/could accompany me. Well, the things that you want at times come when you least expect it. There's quite a range of things being sold, from earrings to belts to bags to shirts to shoes and I enjoyed looking at the things, though it did feel rather awkward walking there alone haha. Anyway anyway, I BOUGHT A REALLY NICE BROWN & WHITE BAG FOR $16!!! At first, being the fickle that I am, I was torn between that one and two others but since I was wearing brown shirt with white top, the one that I bought seems to fit me nicely then hehe. I love the bag sooo much! Hmm... I love everything that I buy with my own money. They just seem more precious.

Hmm... Here comes the part where I got really disappointed. I saw the youth park and... IT IS SOOOOO MUCH SMALLER THAN I IMAGINED! I thought of the functional writing essay to introduce the youth park to the school I wrote in school last year and well, I guess I wrote a load of crap haha. Anyway, we were going that way 'cause my brother thought I needed to see Centrepoint, which was okay-okay. There, we entered Times bookshop since I wanted to look for a letter set. Unfortunately, I found none. Quite expected lol. So far, the only bookshops that sell letter sets are the Big Bookshop and Kinokuniya (at the branch in Clarke Quay - can't remember the name of the building).

Then we had a crazy idea... What if we walk to Plaza Singapura? Hehe, quite far yeah but that's what we did! My feet hurt a lot after that hor but it really was worth it. It's quite a sight along the way from Centrepoint to Plaza Singapura, especially the Istana and the park. My brother and I talked about the guards at the gate of the Istana. The ones wearing white and standing so still. Actually... One of them was standing very still, I think if a mosquito bites he won't feel it at all lol! But the other one was fidgeting so many times! Anyway, I wished we were on the other side of the sidewalk, at the Istana Park. OoOo it looks lovely, though quite small and plain lar. I brought my camera, but didn't take any picture at all. Paiseh leh...

The moment we reached Plaza Singapura, we saw this Rock Climbing competition outside and we spent near half an hour ooohing and aaahing haha. The climb was looks really hard ok... The one at the utmost right looks quite manageable and many reached the top, but the one in the middle requires a strong grip and long arms. As for the one at the utmost right, it requires really strong arms as well as a good strategy. I can't really describe it. Wished I had a photo to show! Oh well...

Hmm... I think I'll stop here. The rest of the day aren't exactly spectacular. I was really sleepy by then haha. So yeah, FINALLY I've finished this post after nearly a week! So long then, till my next post!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster