La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Poke! Opps! Poke!  

Monday, March 06, 2006

I went to appeal at Temasek Poly this morning for Biomedical Sciences. I badly want it! Biotech is similar, but it's not the same... Biomed has a few more modules that sounds interesting compared to Biotech, such as Haematology and Blood Banking. Besides, I feel that Biomed suits me more. It's hard to describe...

So anyway, after the appeal, I went to CGH for my appointment. Some of you may have noticed that about twice a year, I won't be in school one day and the next I'd be sorta limping through the corridors. I always explain it as sprain, but that's not quite it. I still have no idea what is it, but I suppose I'll find out in two weeks, when the result of my blood test will be out. If you're wondering, yeah I had a blood test just now. They did an x-ray and found nothing wrong with the bone structure on my leg so they took my blood for testing. I think it was about 3-4 cubic cm of blood from the inside of my arm. The nurse poked me twice. The first time she couldn't find the blood vessel. She told me to tell her it's painful if I feel any pain. Honestly, I was thinking, "It's so cold in here and I'm so numb! How am I supposed to feel the pain." Well, I was wrong... When she poked me again, I felt it. Ouch!! As numb as I was, I could still feel that needle poke through my blood vessel. I saw the paper the doctor wrote to the nurse and recorded down what I'm supposed to be tested for - full blood count, rheumatoid arthritis, Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), C-reactive protein (CRP) and uric acid. I did some research on the net and found that the doctor is trying to test me for JRA which may be the cause for the pain I feel on and off about twice to thrice a year: joint inflammation. Hmm... Interesting...

So yeah, now my left hand is supporting my right hand while I type. Can still feel a strain where the needle went through just now. Anyway, I found something odd. Before the blood test, I was so hyper, talking non-stop, joking and laughing that my mum said, "Oi! You know you sound like a chicken getting its feathers plucked out??" Haha, really I was that noisy. But then, after the blood test, I just turned totally silent. I felt so moody, like everything is wrong. I felt really sleepy too. I was taking a nap on the ride home and when I reached home, I just slept after having a quick lunch. I dunno what changed my mood. Was it my dad complaining non-stop about how the hospital is inefficient (that should have been me, but no...) or was it that I suddenly realised I've got such a thick layer of fats that the nurse can't find my blood vessel? I dunno...

Anyway, my mum was looking out the window behind me a while back and scolding me for sleeping late at night and then sleeping in the day. Obviously she's worried about and angry at my brother who was still not home just now, but she didn't have to vent her frustration on me right?? Wrong... Well, children are always wrong, whatever... My hand is really tired now and so are my eyes. Shall talk about my birthday in my next post most probably, cya then! Nite nite! And dream...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster