La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Presentation  

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I had my formal presentation for CSAS yesterday and it was... nerve-wrecking I tell you! My group was the first group in the class to present and not only that, we were the ONLY group yesterday too! And even about half an hour before the presentation, we were still editing our slides ok... And we didn't even have a run through as a group.

Nevertheless I think I did ok... I talked for eight minutes straight (almost) exceeding the time limit. For someone who's always at a loss for words, I was amazed I did it. But I think I have soooo many errors for grammar, pronunciation and articulation and I was too nervous to speak fluently, slowly (imagine though that if I HAD spoken slower, I'd exceed the time limit) and confidently or to have much eye-contact with the audience. I was half-prepared and I tell you, for presentations, you'd better be 100% prepared...

Dickson did well, a natural presenter. Afterall, he knows our topic about quorum sensing really well and he's done a lot of presentations before this. As for the rest, I'm not so sure about them. We can really see how panicky Xue Mei was and how unprepared Heider and Xavier were. If I'm not mistaken, Heider and Xavier didn't reach the minimum time frame of 5 minutes. I hope they won't fail...

Anyway, our topic was quorum sensing because we have to talk about things related to our course of study, Biotech, and quorum sensing is something rather new in the research industry which allows us to explain about it in detail. But as I glance at the audience (my classmates) during my presentation, I get the idea that they're bored. Uh oh.

Last night, I had Pentas meeting with the whole of MAG. Pentas will be held on the 23rd February THIS YEAR, which leaves us with less than 2 months to rehearse. I hope everything runs smoothly and we'd put up a good show besides strengthening the bond among MAG members of different sub-groups. I'm still thinking whether I should go help with props....

After Pentas meeting, I followed Raudah to Ghufran and on the way there, Raudah saw this lipan (centipede, milipede whatever!) and screamed. Well, my initial reaction when I heard her scream was to scream oso. But when I saw the lipan and how fast it's gliding to me, I screamed again, louder this time lol! The lipan was gliding like snake lar! Raudah was already ahead and I was still frozen in place haha.

Alamak I haven't prayed yet, gotta go now...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster