La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Reflection  

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Random: By publishing this post, I've reached my 127th posts - the number of posts I had in my first blog before I created this one.

Last Sunday, I blogged about Maal Hijrah and forgot to write about what I learnt at my religious class so I shall add it here since I feel that it's worth the share. Good things are meant to be shared right?

We were memorizing surah Al-Ghashiyah and Ustazah Aisyah gave us some tips on memorizing. For memorizing surahs, it's easier if you memorize the Malay translations as well since we're more used to memorizing Malay/English words in school rather than Arab and so it'll help you remember better. She added that, while memorizing, you should learn to write the Arabic letterings as well. You don't have to do it on paper, just signal with your finger in the air should be fine. I don't know about you, but I've seen some of my Chinese friends do this method when they memorize Chinese proverbs. I've tried it for the surah and it works. Try it!

In general, Ustazah Aisyah mentioned that before you try to memorize something, you must first cleanse your heart of all evil things such as, anger, hatred, resentment, revenge, jelousy etc. Some of us were like saying, "But we can't control how we feel!" To this, Ustazah Aisyah told us that it's not impossible. It is hard, but it is definitely not impossible. She then gave us one week to try controlling our feelings (I think you can put it as nafsu lah). She gave us some scenarios when we can try to control our feelings, like when we see the person we like (AHEM! ;)) or when we go shopping. I tried for that shopping part. I don't think I passed the test lol.

Hmm... the thing is I'm really tired of having papers come out of my notebook because the glue at the backbone is not strong enough to hold the pages together, so I went to the school bookshop to look for a bound notebook. I find MANY nice ones, but I walked out lof the shop empty-handed, not really because I could control my feelings (nafsu membeli) but mainly because 1) I couldn't make a decision 2) I realised I was late for Socio lec.

Personally, I feel that when you wanna memorize something, be it for school or for religious class, other than doing it with a pure heart, you must also do it with a clear conscience (erm... ikhlas lar eh). I don't exactly know how to explain it but it's like you shouldn't be complaining while you memorize, 'cause complaining just kinda hinders you. By complaining, you're in a way thinking negatively. Erm... Something like that lar haha.

As for today, while learning tafsir Al-Quran, she came out with this system wherby we'd first read the translation (terjemahan) of the surah, then we'd reflect on it (tadabbur) and finally we'd interpret it (tafsir). The last step is basically just reading what those who're strong in tafsir has interpreted. What I mean is that, who are we to interpret the holy Quran. Interpret wrongly and... oho don't even think about it.

Alamak, k la it's almost time. Gotta go know peeps, cya!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster