La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Laptop  

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My mum proposed to buy a laptop for my birthday, with some money out of my own pocket also lah. Sounds like a good idea of a birthday present right? Tempting, very tempting...

But I keep thinking, what if I need the money for studies later? If I were to go for further studies, insyaAllah (I'd always included uni in my life plans so I'm not so sure about other alternatives), I would most likely need the money badly. I can't keep on using my dad's CPF, as I am doing currently to pay my poly fees, as it will come to a limit one day when it reaches that stipulated amount put aside for my dad's retirement (can't remember the term).

Besides, I'd been using the home and school computer, and surviving on them so buying a laptop now seems like a 'want' rather than a 'need'. Also, I've seen that laptops are rather hard to manage, with all that security/virus scanning needed and installion microsoft office and internet explorer and I dunno what else lah! For my home computer, my eldest brother has been the one to handle all this. And if I have a laptop, I'd have to manage it on my own!

Hai, I'm always like this... Haha, the other time my mum saw affordable MP3 and single bed (there's this kind with shelves attached) in the newspaper. Even though I'd always always wanted them, when my mum shows me those sales in the newspaper, I'd have this thought run through my mind that says, "You know you don't need it," and I'd feel so guilty lah! Also, reasons as to why I shouldn't own them keep popping up, like I don't have songs to upload into my MP3 and buying a new bed would mean that I have to rearrange my room and this would take time and effort!

Hmmm... How?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster