La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

It's a Process  

Friday, December 11, 2009

As the sore throat heals, first you get a scratchy voice with itchy throat that brings tears to your eyes, followed by a 'sengau' voice with lots of phlegm down your windpipe all the way up to the tip of your nose. Eew, but it's a process.

I'm halfway through the book 'Cleo'. It is taking much more time than needed for Twilight. I started on Monday evening... The story is emotional, with alot of comparisons to cat life interestingly put across, as well as insightful yet funny excerpts that makes you go "ya arh...", so it befuddles me as to why I'm taking so long to complete the book. I guess because I don't see where the book is going. First the author talks about the death of her son, then how the cat came, what happens when she got a new job bla bla bla... What can I say, it's a true life story... There's bound to be unexpected turns of events that you do not expect at all in the start. I thought the story would end when the cat has settled down in the house, since the title of the book is the name of the cat, but since when does life ends just because one issue is done? You seem to be facing one life issue after another (if not a couple of issues all at the same time), until death takes you away...

Anyway, finally Ust Fathurrahman replied my inquiry to sit for the exam I missed last year due to KRC when I decided to sms him. The paper is this Sunday! 8.30am @ Jurong West, very near NTU! And I haven't start studying at all! 2 papers of Tafsir Al-Qur'an 1, and then I have to travel back to Tampines for 2 papers of my Kepimpinan Dalam Islam module. One step done: to dig out my Tafsir notes (I seriously need better organisation in my room with regards to allllllll my poly, madrasah, Fityan, NI and whatnots papers... I need to catalogue them haha. It was a chore looking for my Cell Biology & Molecular Genetic notes in my box of poly notes as they're under the pile of Yr 2 & 3 notes, owwww.

I am very sensitive to cigarette smell. I hate it! It seems to choke around the neck and make your eyes bulge out. The taste that reaches your tongue is a very weird bitter-hacking-kind-of taste, bluek. At the time when there's still pillows and bolsters (and less eruptions of pimples on the face) I'd press my nose and mouth hard into one of them to keep out the cigarette smell as I use the comp in the living room. How glad I am that I've a laptop now and can confine myself in the room. Now, this is another reason I don't watch tv...

Hmmm.... For less fortunate people who don't have opportunities readily knocking on their door every few months, they go out and look for the opportunities. And so, wherever they are, they'd be thinking, "What's next?" and planning for it. I like to keep my options open. I like to know that there are options. Without options, it feels like I've reached a dead end. But I won't narrow down the options, until the time comes when it is absolutely necessary to do so. In a way, I simply wait for the wave to hit me and bring me where I'm 'meant' to be next, yet I like to keep a lookout for all the waves that are coming towards me, as far as I can see...

Yeah, as I was thinking about this, Fityan STC talked about it. What's next for STC? I'm not too interested since I'm still new to it, yet I like knowing there's somewhere to go next. I would be getting older year after year afterall, I can't be in a youth comm anymore, though I guess it's nice to stay involved in the youth scene. There's so much you can and need to do, still.

More importantly was the question to ponder upon, where do you see yourself in 3 years time? I dunno! Many many things can happen in 3 years. Just within 1 year, this year, I was in poly, doing SIP/MP, afterwhich I graduated, and then faced joblessness for awhile, before I started part-time work at Geylang East library and then like a big huge wave hitting me, I got carried to NIE. That's just the main skeleton, not to mention my days and weeks and months filled with different activities and... 'changes'. Changes in obsession, for one, haha. But I guess this year is like this because it's the crossroad... This 'eventful' year won't be repeating until about 8 years down the road when I finish my bond with NIE, and may not decide to continue. As I said, I like keeping my options open ;)

Ok, better be going. Have got lots to do before Maghrib~! Minutes and studying for exams mainly :P

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster