La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Cleo by Helen Brown  

Friday, December 11, 2009

It's been quite awhile since I last cried reading a book (Lurlene MacDaniel's books used to make me cry profusely... And Mitch Albom's 'Tuesdays With Morrie'. Though 'For One More Day' hardly made me tear a little. I can't remember other books.) and Cleo did. Not profusely. But it left a fist-in-a-throat kinda feeling. The book's great, with great philosophical views and quotes. It helps to heal in a certain way. Though I don't really enjoy Helen Brown's style of writing...

Really, one day I hope to write a book. It may not be published. I just want to feel a sense of satisfaction on finishing up a manuscript. It certainly wouldn't be an academic book, unless somehow I get forced into it, for whatever reason that may be! Whether it'd be a real story or a fiction, I haven't decided. But certain themes I would try to include would probably be religion (Muslim) and love (in its own definition). And it'd be interesting to set it in Singapore.

Did you know two young girls, 11 and 16 if I'm not mistaken won a writing competition and have their writings published recently. Each is sold at $8.90, exclusive of GST at Times and there was an autograph ceremony last Monday I think, or this coming Monday I'm not too sure. I might go and buy them. Though I'd like to read 'Tbhe Alchemist' by Paul Coelho & 'The Sister's Keeper' by Jodi Picoult first!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster