La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Best Day of 2009  

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I hadn't been listening to music the past few days, unless it happens to be on radio in the car or on tv that I wasn't intentionally listening to. No Windows Media Player, no imeem, no youtube, no MP3. No Twilight songs, no nasyids.

I'm missing Twilight, but I've survived many days without it.

Anyway, my pointing finger on my right hand hurts when I move it. Wonder if there's a fracture or muscle tear or something. Gonna go see the doctor after their lunch time I guess. Better get it checked. I thought of visiting the dentist as well, but I don't think I have time. Cos I still need to find my sleeping back, insect repellent and torchlight, which means I need a trip down to Giant...

So, how did I get a painful finger, and a bruised shin, and aching buttocks and back and such? Silat.

Had silat training yesterday after about a month of no trainings due to exams. I thought it's gonna be a refresher course. Yes it was, and more! We did new things like group kicking (it's harder if you're holding the padding than kicking, sakit la woi kena attack continuously for 10x3 kicks), practicing defense to spontaneous attacks in pairs (I enjoyed Shaza's mentoring, I learned alot! the most since I joined silat I think. Cos she was able to pinpoint my mistake AND suggest how I can improve, which I did my best to. And she gave constant words of encouragement that kept me motivated and wanting to give my best one round after another, trying to be better each round.), wearing the vest (I felt like ninja turtle. comfortable uh, perhaps cos I didn't get super hard kicks from opponents yet), leaarning the point system (interesting! SEA games ade silat? nak tengok!) and of course a taste of how tanding is like (coach put me against Mir who is much taller, bigger and stronger than myself, and Syaza whom I had practiced with. Menggeletar gilerh eh tangan bila pasang, and continue to menggeletar badly after training ends. Mir accidentally kicked my finger, tulah sakit ni. and she masuk & angkat me after grabbing my leg during a kick effortlessly and landed me on the ground.) I can't wait for the next practice for tanding! The adrenaline rush is superb! Even if it left me breathless halfway (dah lama my heart didn't need to work too hard to send oxygen to all my muscles). Just before training I told Mir I may be quitting ilat next year, which I really was planning to. But now, maybe not! Silat gerek la seh! It makes you on guard at all times always anticipating attacks and how to defend, at the same time thinking of combos to successfully attack your opponents vest. It is a physical and mental art and sports. Woo hoo! Hmm, that reminds me, I need socks with friction soles to wear for silat, and black indonesian tudungs for safety purposes, yet maintaining aurat.

Oh what makes yesterday such a great day was: I got to go shopping!!! I spent like $150-$200 yesterday, spending at Tampines, Geylang & Bugis. I went Orchard as well, but we couldn't find a suitable present for my eldest bro, so we ended up eating late lunch there only.

Let's see, I bought 4 pairs of socks, 3 trackpants, shampoo, conditioner, 2 Glade scented gel, hairband, 2 pyjamas, 2 bandanna, 2 jubah, 1 kurta, 2 tudung, 4 sarung tangan and 3 shawls, woo hoo! Best shopping sakan ;) Plus the two shoes I bought previously, I'm complete from head to toe :P I'd wanted to buy face towel, a small sling bag, a skirt and another shawl, and my parents urged me to, but I felt that they weren't as necessary. My dad event urged me to buy this $99, after discount, checkered shirt from Levis, but I don't think that is at all necessary. Most of the things I bought are to prepare myself to go on a camping spree for 9 days straight, afterwhich I'd dump them at hall. Hmm, I still need my sleeping bag, insect repellent and torchlight. And mind you, I'm still eyeing a Samsung phone!

Of all the things I bought, my favourite is the white satin jubah. I'd always wanted something white, but can never find one that is not jarang, until... yesterday. :D Initially I thought it was too expensive. $59 for a plain white jubah with a bit of sequins on the waistline. I walked around the pasar Geylang somemore until it was time to get back to the car, that I thought, ok why don't we try asking for discount. I'll buy if she gives discount to $45. Turns out, she gave until $40!!!! According to her, because it is white, she can give at a cheaper price. And she thought I was going umrah, I wish. But the jubah simply makes me so happy! This is the second time I bought a jubah from her shop. I very much liked my first fairy-tale-jungle-like green and red jubah which I wore for raya, and now this white jubah. I'd love to visit her shop again the next time extra rezeki comes my way.

The skirt was very nice. My mum would love to see me wear skirt. Truthfully, myself too. But I find wearing skirt so leceh. Cos, I'd still wear pants underneath, so it kinds of defeat the whole purpose of the skirt. Besides my mum ends up saying I look like minah Malaysia wearing skirt with knee-length shirts, but I've dumped my short shirts!

Ok, my finger is hurtinggggg, and I should be on my way to the doctor now actually hehe.

Oh after silat yesterday, Mir's mum drove me home. But we stopped at Woodlands for awhile, supposedly to give Mir's bro some cash for his retreat to Johor with cousins, ended up I followed them to have dinner at Rasa Rasa. I envy how close they are with their cousins. So fun. I used to be close to my cousins, but somehow or rather, after we started sch, we started seeing each other less until it's like once, or twice, a year kinda affair.

I should really be going. Hopefully I get to go Giant today. And hopefully my finger is just slightly sprained, no fractuer or anything. I wanna tanding somemore!!!

Thank you Allah for a really good day yesterday. Please make today better than yesterday, and tomorrow better than today and so on :)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster