La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Plain Cruelty  

Saturday, December 20, 2008

"I Begged Them to Kill Me." This book is an important and moving document of suffering we thought we had heard and known all about. The anonymous women speak of the unspeakable--of rape, torture, enslavement, forced pregnancy, the selling of women as slaves. Forced pregnancies so that they may bear a Serb child and contaminate the Muslim lineage! The stories are heart wrenching and just painful to read, but I think they are important for us to remember! I wanted to share some of the stories which were investigated by the "Women's International League for Peace and Freedom" which you can also find here.

"January 23, 1993 – (Hamilton Spectator) During a night of unimaginable horror when she was raped by at least 15 Serb soldiers, Amela, a 25-year-old Bosnian, had no doubt why she'd been singled out for such bestiality."Because I am a Muslim," the married, red-haired woman says simply. "Their aim was to humiliate me, to make me lose my honor, to prove that they're the masters and they can rape and kill you just as they please. We are like their slaves."Now she feels her life, quite literally, is ruined. It is only the thought of her two-year-old son that stops Amela from killing herself."I try to be brave, but without even thinking about it, I just feel a physical urge to throw myself in front of a car or a train."

Selecting their victims by the light of matches, the Serb irregulars led Amela off with a knife to her throat. She thinks the men were under orders to rape because, when she begged to be let go, her Serb tormentor replied: "I can't. I have to."She was raped twice, let go briefly, then led back into a pitch-black room where she was brutally raped for hours on a cement floor.She estimates at least 20 other women were gang-raped during the night, including a 15-year-old and a woman already nine months pregnant.The next day the entire group of 60 was dumped in a forest. They made their way to Travnik, in Muslim and Croat hands. From there Amela went to Zagreb, the Croatian capital, where she was reunited with the female members of her family and now lives on charity.Although she escaped pregnancy or sexually-transmitted diseases, her Gynecologist says she suffered permanent internal damage. Her period also stopped last August, due to shock, her doctor says."I try to forget about it, but it's impossible to forget," says Amela, breaking into tears for the first time in an hour and a half of reciting her story in a clear, strong voice."I was raised in a religious Muslim family. Now I have lost my honor."Deeply depressed, she says "sometimes I cry during the night. I can't sleep. I have nightmares." She longs to be reunited with her husband and return totheir three-storey house, as long as there are no Serbs in the neighborhood."

There were thousands of such women, who were helpless and were forced to bear 'their' children. In fact, my mother had been asked to adopt some - but refused for obvious reasons. Imagine, although it is quite un-imaginable, how it feels to be forced to carry a child, give birth to it, and remain scard for the rest of your life. Imagine what this does to a mother?!? I can't…I cannot possible begin to imagine what it must have been like and I thank Allah each and every day that I have not been one of those women and girls. We have to remind ourselves, how fortunate we are!

They raped girls of only 6 years of age, pregnant women and elder women - it did not make a difference to these bastards! The unimaginable stories that resulted from them just horrify me! An elder lady was telling her experience, and she saw a pregnant woman being taken away and raped, after they were done they opened her up and took out her twins. They killed the babies in front of the mother and then slit her throat as well.

Taken from http://theidealmuslimah.blogspot.com/2008/12/rape-weappon-of-mass-humiliation.html

It's just so sad...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster