La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Unexpected Turn of Events  

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well, as usual I lunched alone. This time I went to MegaBite at Science School though. Everything was fine. Enjoyed my meal (even if the rice was too soft and the sauce too sour but I shall not complain as I filled my tummy to the fullest) while enjoying a book. Shall tell you my dear blog about the book another time perhaps. Which reminds me, I've yet to post the continuation of the previous post...

So anyway, after finishing my food I realised that I had wasted so much time going so far and taking my own sweet time eating while reading when I have, as usual, 1001 things to do at TLL. And so I rushed.

Nothing out of the ordinary. I always rushed with my tasks, unless I'm super duper tired or fed-up or my tendonitis acted up...

Until, I alighted the A2 bus, after taking the so-called short cut, opposite TLL to the face of a very smiley lab colleague from Aaron's group, (he seems to smile 24/7 fyi) and seeing the bus taking its time, I turn right infront of the bus and, I dunno what stupid idea struck me, I dashed across the road and erm... got hit by a while car. Can't remember how exactly I got hit and how was I right after the hit and as I've always mentioned, I never ever fall unconscious and today was no exception. I just remember seeing the white paint of the car and immediately standing up, gathering my things and moving off to the pavement as if nothing happened. Mind you one of my shoes was amongst the things I carried in my hands to the pavement while the other flung a few metres away. I couldn't think of anything except how stupid I'd been, not to mention extremely careless, which I avoid since all those careless mistakes I do in primary school Maths papers, and how much trouble I would cause.

And it is quite a lot of trouble I caused to myself, to the driver and his friend, to the bus driver, to my mentor, to my friends (Hui Yi especially) and to my family indefinitely.

Such a hassle too to wait for so many routines in the hospital.

But I'd just like to thank Allah for still allowing me to live, to repent for all my past sins, alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah the car wasn't going at a fast speed. Alhandulillah the driver was a kindly young man who insisted on sending me to the hospital and paying for my bills, plus a bit of compensation, and wait with me throughout the whole boring waiting and waiting and more waiting, and to send me back to office. He was insisting on sending me home, but I couldn't let him, really.

Alhamdulillah for like everything! I'm normal, perfectly fine with a good appetite still (or at least I can eat without vomiting) except a badly scraped left elbow which has stung on off since I scraped it against the road, a mini scratch on my right ankle which seems to habve some minor soft tissue injury to the very kindly female Dr Lee who examined me and a bit of bruise and ache here and there, which could actually be due to the long waiting time... Oh and a 2-days MC for today and tomorrow ;)

And I gotta go see a General Practitioner on Friday, hopefully getting me another MC. I NEED the rest badly.

I just can't help thinking, the car COULD have been speeding, I COULD have flund a few metres from where I dashed, the driver COULD have just left me there, I COULD have broken a bone or two or all or worse, my neck, I COULD have been hospitalized, I COULD have been DEAD BY NOW and on this very bed I'm sitting covered in kain batik waiting for me to be bathed, clothed, prayed and buried early tomorrow morning. Really, I could have been...

And so, I shall not complain of my pain. It's just a sting. (Ok maybe MUCH MORE but I shall pretend so) It could be just a fall from a bicycle you know... Well, but I would remember giving a quick ahriek not too loud, and seeing the white front part of the car, and seeing one of my shoe a few metres away. Just bits of the whole thing. I can't even remember how I landed, how I hurt my arm etc.

Oh, actually it was erm... rather fun. Ok sorry. I dunno. I mean, I don't wish that to repeat, of course! Especially since I dunno the outcome of what COULD happen the next time... But then again, I can't help wanting to laugh every once in awhile at what happened.

Pray for my speedy recovery! Not much to recover from. Just less sting.

What an unexpected turn of events... All those stuff I left hanging halfway at TLL. I hope my mentor won't scold me when I come back, which I intend to do nothing of the sort this week *big grin*.

Oh, happy belated birthday to Chan Jun Jie and my dear auntie (11/11)! And happy birthday to Peng Ya Zhi (12/11)! Wish all 3 of you all the best in whatever you do ;)

Time to rest, which I ought have done since I reached home 3hrs ago, haha, nvm...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster