La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Of Importance, Choices & Priority  

Sunday, November 09, 2008

You can say it's a continuation of this morning's post... But no, it's not really so... These were what we talked about in Maqasid syariah (Reason behind a Law of Islam) module, apart from a few other things. The first lesson of this module today inspired me to do 2 things. One is to blog about it hehe.

Finally, something non-sejarah (history)! I mean, the Ustaz still brings us back to sirah (prophets' histories) and sejarah at parts, but that's perfectly fine with me. I can see the relevance. To study sejarah the whole lesson is just plain boring. Especially when the lecturer fails to state its relevance. It just makes me feel like pulling out my hair. K, that's an exaggeration. Especially so since I have a hijab covering my hair lol.

So anyway, the Ustaz for Maqasid Syariah is... ok. I like how he started with a tazkirah about death. Ok, that sounds crude. But if you were there listening to the tazkirah you'd understand why I like it. And this Ustaz is up to date with current issues, local and global. But... I dunno why he likes to repeat all over again what our fellow classmate just said. We're not deaf lah Ustaz. We're not dumb either. Repetitions are only for emphasizing on something important. And I dunno why he sounds rather nervous as he keeps forgeting words and takes a long time. I hate to waste my time.

I hate wasting time so much so that when he asked questions I actually put p my hand to answer quite a number of times, which I don't normally do. Volunteering to talk in class in just makes my face feel so hot as I feel all eyes and attention on me. Normally after I answer a question or something, I'd look down on the floor and slowly slump down my seat as if trying to disappear. As much as I wanna be like Hermione, I just can't. But for his class I just had to answer. Other than bro Amir and Sis Jun, no one else seems to have a voice and it really unnerves me to see the teacher just standing infront repeating the question again followed by silence and he just continue standing waiting for an answer. Gosh. But he learned after sometime that he is SUPPOSED TO pick one of us to answer instead of asking for volunteers. The latter only means you'd hear bro Amir or sis Jun's voice. And maybe once in awhile Sis Faseha or Cik Salleh or Sis Rohana or 1 or 2 others speaking up.

Guess what time we ended? 5.20. Instead of 5. And he hardly covered half the notes!

So anyway, what of importance, choices and priority? wait for my next post. I've got a cramped neck right now. Hehe. so watch out for part II of this post!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster