La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Uwahhhhh  

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hullo hullo! Finally I get to blog. Actually I'd been blogging in my head all week practically everyday, in my head. There's always something interesting, exciting, funny, hysterical, gloomy, scary moments to share. But unfortunately, either I can't access my internet or I'm too tired with work.

Speaking of work...

Hmm... I had three weeks without my mentor around (she went for honeymoon), whereby I had to learn to be independent. On the last week she wasn't around, my supervisor also went on-leave, leaving me completely independent. Cept, what I refer to as independent is the duration I take of doing things and however I wish to plan my time to maximise whatever time I have. Independent doesn't mean not talking to or getting help from the others in the lab. I still go to Hui Yi's mentor or my other colleagues to ask where can I find certain reagents or how should I go on with a certain experiment. Hey, it's better to ASK ok... At least that's what my mentor thinks.

My mentor

No, I'm not gonna bitch about her, I'll just be erm... talking behind her back? No larh, it's the truth... She is not much taller than me, I'm quite glad. But she's so intimidating, I tell you I am super glad she's not any taller, else I'd go and run and hide everytime I see her. At any rate, that's more or less what I'm doing. Anytime she's in the office, I'd avoid passing through there at all. I'd exit through the lab door which is longer. Oh she's not OLD or FAT and all. She's young and pretty and petite. But I dunno, the aura that she sends me like makes me suddenly timid. Sometimes my voice can't even get out of my thraot when I'm speaking to her that I can't even believe it myself the first time it happened. Oh well.

My project

My project's going fine. 50% success rate, whee~ At other times, I would be disappointed. I am too actually. But come on... I really can't turn back time, so let's just look forward okeh. I'll be doing Co-IP for the next two more weeks. OH! My supervisor actually praised me! I was surprised! Haha, but not SO surprised la. IF my mentor praise me, then I'd be SUPER DUPER surprised. I always feel so stupid around her. But I just put a thick face and ask her whatever I don't know anyway. Oh, and... I just found out last Friday, the day my mentor returned (which Alfred named 'Episode one with the mentor'... I would name it 'Episode 1: Return of the mentor') that my Co-IP is just HALF of my project. And the other half is actually a protocol she had just come up with and so it will have to be optimised first etc etc. And so, I'm very worried. What IF it doesn't get optimised in time? Gosh. No.

Episode 1: Return of the Mentor

It was quite uneventful actually, cos as usual I sound so stupid when I talk to her. Other than that, she almost made me do OT. At 4.30pm, I tell you I was rushing out everything - transformation, innoculation and pcr. Phew, I made it. With an appreciation to Hui Yi who helped me bring down the temperature of the water bath quickly and for the protocols she provided. And I guess I owe an apology to Jun Jie for chasing him away. I really needed the fullest concentration. Sorry man, you'd been a great friend actually.

Friends of TLL

Waaaaah! All that I'd typed long long all disappear!! Wekk...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster