La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

The Power of Books and LOVE  

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Warning: Those of you who hate to read books, you either read this post and feel compelled to try reading or you'd better just get out of here ASAP.

Finished reading 'Daughter of the Forest' yesterday, for the second time. Despite the fact that I already roughly know how the story goes, it still made me cry and feel like screaming at the top of my lungs when I read about what the main character, Sorcha had to go through. In the book, she had to hold her voice and so no matter how much she wanted to scream and shout and yell, she couldn't. And obviously I can't scream and shout and yell while reading the book either, I mean my family would be thinking I'd gone nuts or what seh, which means I can easily put myself in Sorcha's shoes and this make me feel every feeling that was described.

'Daughter of the Forest' is a fantasy book involving somekind of magic and such, yet the lessons to be learnt are as real as life can have. Family, war, promises, setbacks, love, sacrifices, parting... Of course, the circumstances in our lives would be slightly different than Sorcha's without magic but things do happen, real things, that make the circumstances very much similar to Sorcha's. And who would have the strength, courage and most importantly love to do what Sorcha had done? Many wouldn't. Many would crumble and let the world turn without them, leaving them behind to go crazy...

The book is so page-turning that I can spend a whole night not sleeping and just reading on and on until my eyes go out of focus. Seriously. And to those avid readers, this is definitely not one book to be missed. Worth all the time. And if you bought the book, it's worth all the money. Hmm... I really should go buy the book, as well as the other 2 sequels in the trilogy. Then I can just read them whenever I feel like it!

But then, finishing the book leaves me feeling down and sad and lost. You can say that it was quite a 'happily ever after' ending, but along the way, so many was lost, so many was sacrificed. Guess I'm not the kind of person who would count the blessings rather than the loss, oh well...

The theme that intrigued me most would be LOVE. In the book, it showcases both love between siblings and love between a man and a woman. Both of which really tugs at your heartstrings. Haiz... And my heartstrings had been tugged too hard, it feels like it'd remain this way for years or something...

Talking about love, do we see much of the love portrayed in the book in real life? Not really. Few love as the several main characters in the book do. I hope I'd be one of these few. Why 'hope'? Cos I know I am not one of the few now. I'd never sacrificed as much as Sorcha had, and I sure do pray that I won't have to lol. Just that the love in the book is so pure and sincere and I hope I can achieve that, beginning with my family... Sincerity, hmm... Lol. I can laugh at myself. It just sounds so impossible!!!!!! Like these only belongs to fairytales, but I'm sure if you put your heart and mind to it, you'd definitely be able to.

Enough about this. Curious about the book, try looking for it at National Library adult fiction under MAR or Pageone Vivocity.

Haiz, still busy with Titisan and other stuff. Besides, my eyes need time to recuperate lol. It's rather out of focus still!! If not, I'd go borrow 'Son of the Shadows' and 'Child of the Prophecy'. Or maybe I should go buy them...

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster