La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Mmbbekkk... Mmbbekkk...  

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha! Allahu Akhbar!

What do you feel when you hear the takbir this morning? Maybe Aidiladha doesn't mean as much as Aidilfitri to you... For me, it's like I don't feel Aidiladha approaching 'cause we don't have to fast for a month before the festival. But helping out at Ghufran yesterday for Akikah as well as hearing the takbir early in the morning (my house isn't that far from Ghufran so you can hear the takbir) put me into the mood.

Yesterday, I went to Ghufran for briefing in the morning. Seriously, we need to do away with 'janji Melayu'. Instead of subjecting to it, why not change our attitude? Oh well... Anyway, I was there only for the briefing initially but decided to stay and help out for the akikah till 6/7pm. I was assigned to Finance for today but since there was no money to sort yesterday, I took the task at Information Counter with Ewanny. When Ewanny went of to walk around, I ended up playing Ayan's gameboy lol. When they said I could leave the post, I went to have my lunch with Nadirah before helping out (and then getting stuck) in the pantry making drinks and ice. I was stuck with Huda there cos we dirtied our feet and ended up being friends. Heheh, I make friends quite easily afterall eh? But I'm always the listening party :) At last, at about 5, we gave up chatting in the pantry, we washed our feet in the sink (so unladylike hahas) and made our way to the multi-purpose hall. It turned out practically everyone was already gathered there for debriefing! Let's skip this part shall we? Just wanna mention that a kambeng tried to run away but I think the kambeng thought over its decision after seeing Obek lol.


Today, I helped out at Ghufran again from 9-12. Wish I could help the whole day today but I had to go my grandma and grandaunt's house after Zohor so I had to leave at noon. Met up with Zee and Huda at 8.15am and made our way to Ghufran by feet. Btw, the t-shirt they gave, size M, was super big that I had to wear another shirt inside. The tail of the shirt reach my thighs, nearly my knees hor. Like nightgown, someone mentioned lol. I wasn't the only one with a t-shirt too big anyway... Anyway, when we reached Ghufran we met up with other Fatayaats and had to stay on the pathway leading to Ghufran 'cause the mosque was so full of jemaah lah. At about 9 then we managed to enter. As I mentioned earlier, I was assigned to Finance with Naza, my Titisan friend (hope she'd be a Fityan member too!) but since the money not ready or something like that, we ended up doing signage. Carefree... As compared to the other tasks heheheh. But I still had to go in and out of the mosque to place the signs/maps. After breakfast of epok-epok then we started our actual task. Sis Nurain also joined us since she wasn't specifically assigned to any task. Finace, what do we do? Sort out the donation money. We don't have to count 'cause they have a machine for that, but we had to sort out the money to coins, $2, $5, $10 and $50 (there were at least 3... May Allah bless them!). It wasn't only that, we had to sort out to old money, new paper money and new plastic money as well. Quite ok lah the task, except that it's really nerve-disturbing that just as you are about to finish sorting out, the Sis added more money to our basket! Nevermind lah, alhamdulillah many people actually donated right? It wasn't a totally boring job 'cause my companions were really entertaining. We joked and discussed and just talked lah. In short, had fun with Naza and Nurain lah! At about 1o plus, our task ended and after putting away the donation boxes, we went out to look at kambing hehe. Kambing so cute! So kesian... So I couldn't eat the rendang daging at my grandma's house...

Wah I write so long already... People say (you can read my testimonials and see that since last time one) I'm quiet but when I talk, they always groan 'cause I actually have a lot to say. Hopefully they're not crap! But Ili was like, "Fi jgn tido lah dgr Marliyana ckp. (Fi don't sleep, listen to Marliyana talk.)" Ish, do I bore people that bad??

Eh k lah, my dad wanna use the comp. He kept singing and singing aka bored with tv... Till next time then! Insyallah I'll be talking about the lessons I learn from KRC4 :D

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster