La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

The Latest in my Life  

Monday, May 22, 2006

Finally, after so long, I get to blog again. Been busy studying for Biochem, HAP and Maths quizzes as well as religious class exams the past week. There's barely any time to switch on the computer what more blog! The quizzes/exams were ok... I think I can pass for all the quizzes. For my religious class exam, I should be able to get an A for Akhlak/Aqidah and Arab. Sadly, there's a possibility that I fail Ibadah. Well... After all I didn't study much for it.

Anyway, as some of you may know, I'd been rather sick (flu and cough and lotsa lotsa phlegm) and I was still sick yesterday. Guess what? Ustaz Azman was like making fun of me throughout the exam duration! The whole room, which have three classes in it, was like laughing AT ME! So bad... Then Ustaz Hatta joined him and they were like talking and talking. They even talk to me (and laugh at me for that matter). It was hard to concentrate, but by hook or by crook I had to finish my papers in 1 hour each. For Akhlak/Aqidah and Ibadah, I left a lot of the Section C open-ended questions blank. What was I supposed to do?? I was already so sleepy from spending the night studying. For your info, I slept at 4am on the floor in the living room and woke up at 7am to continue studying. I know it’s so last minute. Yah, my fault also lar, procrastinate procrastinate. Help!!! This can’t go on if I wanna excel in my studies. I must be consistent, sigh…

Oh yah, did you know that the buildings at the CBD area (I think… It’s that area from Orchard to Shenton Way, passing by the Padang, Esplanade and Singapore Convention Centre) look really nice at night?? I just discovered that yesterday when I passed by the area on the way to and from Harbourfront to fetch my mum. The esplanade was simply stunning! And all those tall buildings! I really regretted not bringing along my camera. I would have, if I had known the beauty of the area at night… I really regretted it. I really love taking landscape pictures. I’d taken a lot of pictures of the landscapes in/from TP. I wish I can upload them and post them here. TP is a really nice place, though small.

Haiz… I’m so hungry liao… I bought the Mee Goreng from the ITAS canteen during lunch just now. It looked and tasted really great the other day Ad bought it, but today is just a mass of burnt mee and egg. Salty! I think I’ll go Mac after this. The twister fries are back!!!! Right? I’d been wanting to eat it since last week.
Back to updates. Last Tuesday, I went to TP Samba Band practice at the Arts Space. It was… rather… I dunno. I guess it’s just not my type of thing. I enjoy music, but maybe playing an instrument is just not my forte. I was planning to quit, but I dunno what made me say “I will” when a few of the Samba members asked me to come tomorrow this afternoon. I really wanna join Drama Tec or MAG Drama or TPSU or ASSC, but what should I do about Samba?? I don’t wanna have two CCAs again. It really took a toll on me in secondary school. I wanna concentrate in my studies, so I can prove to my parents I can still make it to university. Know what? My mum still hasn’t come to terms me being in poly instead of JC. I’m sure it was just a slip of the tongue, but aren’t slips of the tongue the hidden truth most of the time? I cried when I heard it. Does L1R4=13(after minus CCA bonus points) means I’m a failure?? No right?! It’s no use if I do really well for the Biochem, HAP and Maths quizzes. My mum would just say something like, “It’s just the first quiz”. What happened to moral support parents are supposed to give? Where’s the “I know you can do it if you work hard enough” or “I’m right behind you” kinda lines we normally read in novels and words we hear on tv? Reality often sucks. Gee.

Anyway, my uncle passed away due to liver/lungs failure two weeks ago on 5/5/06. It was really unexpected. I didn’t even know he was sick. All of a sudden at 4am in the morning, my mum woke me up saying my uncle is on the brink of death at the hospital. We reached there in time for his last breath, but he was already comatose… I wasn’t close to him, but it left a huge impact on me. My uncle could have been me. My uncle could have been my direct family members. I saw my grandma and mum cry. They’ve lost a son and a brother. I can’t imagine what it’d be if my brother goes before me. There’s too many memories that would haunt me day and night for weeks I’m sure. At the same time I wonder what I’d do if God decides to take my parents. I’m one of those very lucky people who still have both a father and a mother and they are still together. Very lucky indeed.

Let’s go to a lighter note. I wanna buy a new handphone!!! At first, I had my eyes on Nokia 7360, but after seeing the functions my mum’s Nokia 7370 have, I also want Nokia 7370!!! But the Nokia 7370 like fat and heavy… I like to hang my phone around my neck and fat handphones make ME look fat. My dad has agreed to give me $50 for it. I don’t really know what’s holding me back actually. I think my phone is worth $80-100 if I were to trade it in…

I spend nearly an hour here already... I came to the library to do Maths and study for PIPC lehx!!! Aiyo, me so bad, haha. Anyway, check out my caregroup AF14's moblog here!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster