La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Broken  

Friday, February 10, 2006

Disappointment. Regret. Shame. Defeat. Failure.

The above are what best describe my feelings right now. My results were so much below expectation. Maybe, my expectation was too high... Too high that when I fell, I can hear the thud when I hit the ground. It is loud. Very loud. Too loud for my liking.

I would have liked to go JC. It has been my dream to go JC ever since I was born, when my eldest brother got into Temasek JC. He'd always been my idol in terms of education. When my brother graduated from NTU, I told myself, I'd be just like him in 5 years time, though maybe from a different university. But, I fell behind him. For PSLE, I was behind him by 1 point and I told myself I'd beat him for O levels. And when I received my O level results this afternoon, I know I'm way behind my brother. He scored 10 points better than me! It's not only a matter of not managing to beat my brother, I've also let down so many people who'd hoped I get into a JC. And now... I've said goodbye to JC and am saying hello to Poly of which I'm rather clueless about.

I could have worked harder. I could have done better. But what's done can't be undone. What could go wrong had gone wrong. What I can do now is to accept what I get and work out the best solution from it. Afterall success is not a destination, but a journey. What William posted on his blog is true: "Accept what is already decided for it reflects your limitations and to accept limitations is human." And no doubt I am a human, a weak human on the face of this wide earth. I can say what happened had been fated, though the fate could have been different if I hadn't slacked the past months before the O levels exam. Oh well, it's no use crying over a spilt milk, even if that's what I did the moment I stepped into the tension-filled hall and the moment I heard Mr Tan said that I could try for MI. The same phrase he used when I took my prelim results. The same! How could it be the same?! I wonder now and I shall keep wondering till I can accept my results. And until I accept my results, I have to take out all the Poly booklets I have and figure out which course at which Poly would best suit me. I hope I can get into a good course that I would enjoy at a convenient Poly.

Disappointment is... hard to bear... I hope it doesn't happen to those of you out there.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster