La Tahzan La Tahzan La tahzan

Life is a university for us. Let's strive for all-round success. Hidup ini tarbiyah untuk kita. Ayuh usaha untuk kejayaan dunia dan akhirat.

Lead by Example  

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

As you grow older, it is no doubt that you'll be looked up to as a role model by the younger ones and so, how you act in front of them may one way or another affect their view about not only you, but also about the principles you 'supposedly' believe in.

Myself... I think I've dragged/inspired/tried to lead at least 4 adik-adik (two only one year difference, one brother and one sister, and two a few year's difference, also one brother one sister). What I mean by that is I try to look into their welfare whenever I'm with them, give them motivation in down times and especially to give advices and reminders whenever I can in that sisterly manner.

And thus, when I do not see them doing that well, I feel sad. When I hear they get bullied or disturbed, I feel protective. And when they tell me good news, I feel very happy for them.

I don't have any adik for real and so perhaps I don't really do that well as the 'kakak' figure. But I guess that's good too. Then they'd feel less intimidated kott.

Dunno why I suddenly think of this matter... I guess I'd been feeling that responsibility that lies on my shoulder to be a good leader/a good role model.

I've once felt so down, I kept insisting no no I'm not a leader. I do not have the qualities of a leader. I can't be a leader.

I shall remember what one ever told me: "Yes you are. You're the leader that sets a good example for others to follow. You lead by example."

I still don't know if that's the truth or the speaker was just trying to psycho me to get me going with my job. But each day I feel more of a leader, and each day too I see more and more truth in those words.

And all the more I feel responsible to be a good role model at all times. Yea sometimes I go crazy too and all that, oh that's normal. That's just human, and leaders are humans you know.

Currently conducting two camps about responsibility. And yea, I guess that's why I'm thinking about this...

Alright, got work to do! And I'm near starving... Toodles! Be a good role model at all times okeh? :D

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster